Genuine info on aliens please!
Gatherer
Gatherer
Holy: Prophet

Was Colonel Corso Telling The Truth? 'The Day After Roswell'

Post by 1963 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:57 am

Was Colonel Corso Telling The Truth?
Hi all!

This is probably one of those well-trodden subjects that periodically gets posted on this and probably all of the UFO/ET forums on the net...but I was just wondering if anyone else was as undecided as I am as to the validity of Colonel Philip Corso and the extraordinary claims that he makes in his book 'The Day After Roswell'?
When I first became familiar with the content of the Colonel's book , my first thought was..."There's no way that this is for real!"...For one thing..I couldn't believe that a man in his position would suddenly make such a u-turn from the absolute-secrecy ethos that was required for him to hold the responsible positions that his C V boasts!
The other major 'bell-ringer' to my mind was his assertions that many modern technological developments were the direct result of the 'back engineering of alien technology' which was allegedly gleaned from the Roswell UFO crashes of 1947....A quick google search of the development history of Fiber Optics,Image Intensifiers, Lazers,Integrated Circuits etc, seems to scupper that idea in a matter of minutes.
And then the killer blow for the Colonel's 'fantastic claims' for me ,was when I read the opinions of some of my 'most respected UFO researchers' on the matter...! Stan Friedman,Kevin Randle and Brad Sparks among others. And not to put too fine a point on it.. the general consensus was that 'Philip Corso was a big fat liar'!..and they kindly pointed out all of the loopholes and falsities in the crazy made up story, and that Mr Corso was nothing but a egotistical fantasist!
And so with their assertive condemnation and my own personal reservations I left it there!..satisfied that it was just another sad episode in my ETH quest to be brushed under the carpet!

And then just today , as quick off the mark and cutting edge as I always am...I came across this article in 'The Exopolitics Institute' from 2006. In which a man that I do not normally pay much heed to 'Michael E. Salla, Ph.D' (because of his championing of Bob Dean,Lohn Lear and the likes, whom I consider to be nothing but lying charlatans in ufology.) ,..which I believe convincingly trashes the unfounded misgivings of the aforementioned 'three wise men' Friedman,Randle and Sparks!...

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/exopo ... cs_ZZO.htm

I am not saying that because of this article that I now believe that Colonel Corso's story is totally legitimate,...after all my initial doubts and gut-feelings are still there!
But I will say that Salla's meticulously crafted article has moved the Colonels incredible story up a notch or two on my possibility scale!

What do you guys think about Philip Corso and his claims?

btw...for anyone interested, that hasn't read the book 'The Day After Roswell', here's a link to a mighty good read,(which ever way you lean on the ETH)....

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/socio ... yafter.htm

and here's the abridged version for a quick read....

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc395.htm

Cheers.
GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: Was Colonel Corso Telling The Truth?

Post by mj12cz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Yeah 1963. one of the best UFO books I have read, I think he was telling the truth, he was a man who gained very little from the book as he died not that long after it was published. In fact many of his friends ridiculed him after it was published.

As for Friedman and Randle I have mixed feeling about them some times I think they are part of the disinformation process and sometimes I think they are the disclosure process, either way the are puppets of the establishment.

John Lear who was a hero to me for a long time, but I had reason to speak to him on the phone a few years back and I felt he was exceedingly paranoid. John Lears recent discussions about Holographic aircraft crashing into the WTC, to me was nothing more than laughable.

I have had the pleasure of conversing with Timothy Good, he I feel is a genuine person with a sensible head on his shoulders, someone with an open minded prepared to look at both sides.

Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by 1963 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:58 am

mj12cz wrote:Yeah 1963. one of the best UFO books I have read, I think he was telling the truth, he was a man who gained very little from the book as he died not that long after it was published. In fact many of his friends ridiculed him after it was published.

As for Friedman and Randle I have mixed feeling about them some times I think they are part of the disinformation process and sometimes I think they are the disclosure process, either way the are puppets of the establishment.

John Lear who was a hero to me for a long time, but I had reason to speak to him on the phone a few years back and I felt he was exceedingly paranoid. John Lears recent discussions about Holographic aircraft crashing into the WTC, to me was nothing more than laughable.

I have had the pleasure of conversing with Timothy Good, he I feel is a genuine person with a sensible head on his shoulders, someone with an open minded prepared to look at both sides.
Hi and thanks for the reply mj12!

I have to say that I am (uncharacteristically) still on the fence with regards to Colonel Corso's claims.
On one hand..I can find no solid basis to declare that the man was perpetrating a deceitful hoax.Especially since Salla's article has convinced me that most (if not all) of the criticisms of factual errors that were levelled at him by Friedman,Sparks and Randle were at best 'Amateurish' and 'Plain Wrong'..and at worst , good old fashioned 'Debunkery'!

But then, on the other hand..just doing a simple check on the development of the technology that the Colonel claims to have seeded from the downed saucers makes his story hard to swallow. eg..The laser that he claimed was the product of his passing on alien technology...

In 1917, Albert Einstein first theorized about the process which makes lasers possible called "Stimulated Emission."In 1954, Charles Townes and Arthur Schawlow invented the maser (microwave amplification by stimulated emission of radiation), using ammonia gas and microwave radiation - the maser was invented before the (optical) laser. The technology is very close but does not use a visible light...then in 1958 Gordon Gould made the first optical laser, and The first gas laser (helium neon) was invented by Ali Javan in 1960. The gas laser was the first continuous-light laser and the first to operate "on the principle of converting electrical energy to a laser light output." It has been used in many practical applications. ..so and so on...And there are similar patterns of development histories to be found for the other technologies claimed by the Colonel...So something doesn't add up with this part of the story .. for me anyway..Unless of course the cover-up even extends to the history books?
On that one, the old man's credibility starts to waver for me...
but as you say, It is a fascinating book and the Colonel does come across as a man of integrity ,So that is why i'm still not totally convinced that he was a fraud!
But I did come across this interview that he gave to George Knapp in 1996 at his home in Florida.(a full year before his story became known)..

http://video.abovetopsecret.com/video37 ... p_Corso_1/

And perhaps I am reading too much into the fact that the Colonels home seemed to be ..well let's say..rather less luxurious than I, and perhaps he thought that a man who had spent so many years in such a illustrious position at the very heart of his countries defence deserved!
ergo..My own idle speculation as to the reason for such a man to decide to cash in on a brilliant and popular 'story'!...But the again...that is just my own speculation (bordering on debunkery) and is probably far off the mark!..and so I am still puzzled?

As to John Lear...Well, I have to say that I have never had contact with the man, but have read much about him and his claims, as well as seen a few videos in which he comes across as a complete fantasist and as you said, a paranoid character , and just about as believable as Billy Meier!

And i'm with you on Timothy Good being one of the good guys in ufology!..A man that I would like to converse with myself!

Cheers buddy.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 am

there is a fabulous TV programme on Roswell that has been doing the rounds for 4 years it is the best yet but sadly does not include the following
  1. The most significant of Corso’s claims that have been subjected to intense criticism are that:
  2. he served as a staff member of President Eisenhower’s National Security Council
  3. he was head of the Foreign Technology Desk at the Army Research and Development for two years
  4. he disseminated extraterrestrial technologies to private industry
  5. he witnessed an extraterrestrial biological entity (EBE) being shipped overland from Roswell Army Air Force Base to Wright-Patterson Air Force base
  • Further criticisms include Corso’s claim
  • to having been associated with a covert control group created to oversee the UFO phenomenon, MJ-12
  • to have served as commander of White Sands Missile range
  • to have concocted an alleged confrontation with the CIA’s director of covert operations
  • to have been promoted to full Colonel upon retirement
this aspect deserves it's own documentary on TV but I haven't seen it yet :(

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: Was Colonel Corso Telling The Truth? 'The Day After Rosw

Post by mj12cz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

You never know Corso could be part of the Disinformation or Disclosure process.

One thing you cannot deny is he has good credentials, he did serve for the us military in several high ranking positions.

Lasers are a complex form of light refraction and since man has been able to male lenses we have been setting fire to unsuspecting bugs with them we have pondered the possibilities of powerful ones. The fact that there is a possibility we got a working one from a UFO is of no surprise to me, nor is the possibility that we reversed engineered one as goes with night vision PCB's etc.

For me the most interesting thing is the craft, the fact he describes it as having no engines and acting like a large capacitor that stores power with in itself. Now that I fine interesting.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:07 pm

why would he lie?

he writes a book 'The Day After Roswell'

was he simply spinning a yarn thinking "oh well, this book will make me rich" ? that is simply his motive? :o

I know he died shortly after he wrote the book but maybe he did not see that coming
Yeah 1963. one of the best UFO books I have read, I think he was telling the truth
any reason you think he is telling the truth Pat?

Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by 1963 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:17 am

falkor wrote:there is a fabulous TV programme on Roswell that has been doing the rounds for 4 years it is the best yet but sadly does not include the following
  1. The most significant of Corso’s claims that have been subjected to intense criticism are that:
  2. he served as a staff member of President Eisenhower’s National Security Council
  3. he was head of the Foreign Technology Desk at the Army Research and Development for two years
  4. he disseminated extraterrestrial technologies to private industry
  5. he witnessed an extraterrestrial biological entity (EBE) being shipped overland from Roswell Army Air Force Base to Wright-Patterson Air Force base
  • Further criticisms include Corso’s claim
  • to having been associated with a covert control group created to oversee the UFO phenomenon, MJ-12
  • to have served as commander of White Sands Missile range
  • to have concocted an alleged confrontation with the CIA’s director of covert operations
  • to have been promoted to full Colonel upon retirement
this aspect deserves it's own documentary on TV but I haven't seen it yet :(
I agree with you about the documentary Falkor!
And I believe that all of the questions that you have listed above were satisfactorily adressed in Michael Salla's paper that I will post again in case you missed it buddy...

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/exopo ... cs_ZZO.htm

btw..This doesn't mean that I am a full blooded supporter of Corso's claim!
But Salla's debunking of the debunkers...makes Corso's story a lot more interesting..well, for me at least.

Cheers.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:33 pm

falkor wrote:why would he lie?

he writes a book 'The Day After Roswell'

was he simply spinning a yarn thinking "oh well, this book will make me rich" ? that is simply his motive? :o

I know he died shortly after he wrote the book but maybe he did not see that coming
Yeah 1963. one of the best UFO books I have read, I think he was telling the truth
any reason you think he is telling the truth Pat?

Simply Malc, he was an old man, with a good army pension and wanted for nothing, money was not his motive in my eyes.

I think like many he became sick of the lie and got to a point where he thought "I have nothing to loose, who cares?"