No Moon missions...

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
wonder universe
Researcher
Researcher

No Moon missions...

Post by wonder universe » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi all,

I was talking to a friend a while back now about the Moon, which My friend said no one has gone there since the early seventies, I found something interesting about UFO bases on the Moon on a link on here, which I am only 10% convinced about, so further on in this discussion We discuss, Why NASA have not returned to the Moon, so I said well 1. a very high budget or 2. something was found on Moon or something is there to this day that they do not want Us to know about, more than likely may be, could anyone shed some light on this subject please or say what they think why NASA cancelled Moon missions or is there something under wraps :?:

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: No Moon missions...

Post by mj12cz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 pm

he he Wonder I was thinking the same my self, not convinced its big budget cuts.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:22 am

The Chinese sent a Probe there a year or two ago but other than that no Manned missions since the 70's is pretty strange.

Makes you wonder allright !
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:08 am

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) has been sweeping around the Moon for one full year, and to celebrate the occasion NASA has compiled a set of 10 images dubbed "cool things seen in the first year of LRO".
Jul 1, 2010 Physics World
The mission was launched on 19 June 2009 with the aim of gathering a variety of data on the lunar environment. It has seven on-board instruments, including a camera that can map the Moon with a resolution of about 50 cm. NASA hopes this will help in preparing for a new generation of longer-duration manned expeditions to the Moon.

The coolest image
The 10 selected images include the discovery of the coldest known place in the solar system. Diviner, LRO's temperature instrument, located the site in the floor of the Moon's Hermite crater and measured the temperature at –248 °C – 64° cooler than the surface of Pluto (the previous record-holder).
I'd like to think that these pictures will finally convince the conspiracy theorists who claim that the Apollo missions were faked but I suppose they'll just say that the LRO pictures are fake too – you can't win
Marek Kukula, UK public astronomer