Did NASA satellite capture giant UFO near sun?

Genuine info on aliens please!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Did NASA satellite capture giant UFO near sun?

Post by falkor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlMBDQXduQ

m o r e :eyeLa:

could it be this? if not, what the heck IS IT THEN? :wide:

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: Did NASA satellite capture giant UFO near sun?

Post by mj12cz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 am

Its a pretty mad Video, I really cannot make head nor tail of it, it looks like a solid object but who knows.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:42 am

NASA's reply, taken from the Huffington Post, thanks Melanie Hick.

Sadly for those who hoped this was a real UFO, Joseph B. Gurman, US Project Scientist for SOHO at Nasa told The Huffington Post via email: "The image is "real," in the sense that there are SOHO LASCO C2 coronagraph digital image data (1s and 0s) in it. The feature that someone identified as a UFO is a highly energetic, electrically charged subatomic particle colliding with the CCD detector in the LASCO instrument."

"Generally, these appear as dots a few image pixels in size or as streaks, but every once in a while we get one like this that is stopped by a collision with one or more of the atoms in the detector material. It's something we've seen before so many times we've lost count," he said.

Well its sounds reasonable to me, any one have any other ideas!

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 am

mj12cz wrote:Its a pretty mad Video, I really cannot make head nor tail of it, it looks like a solid object but who knows.
the video, are you talking about the one on the actual Daily Mail website Pat?

it's horrendous, I'm not surpised you can't make head nor tail of it

I replied to the Huffington that the Apollo 20 spaceship case has more merit than this, as the image stands up better than this and now I feel even more strongly that is the case!
"The image is "real," in the sense that there are SOHO LASCO C2 coronagraph digital image data (1s and 0s) in it. The feature that someone identified as a UFO is a highly energetic, electrically charged subatomic particle colliding with the CCD detector in the LASCO instrument."
right! thank goodness NASA sorted that out then :ugeek: SURE!!

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Yeah the one I was talking about was the Dail maile one...

As for Apollo 20! thats a whole new ball game.

timle
Rookie

Post by timle » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:42 am

Wow, I've never seen something like that before... I'm actually a bit disappointed that they found a reasonable explanation for the whole thing :bookW: ...

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am

timle wrote:Wow, I've never seen something like that before... I'm actually a bit disappointed that they found a reasonable explanation for the whole thing :bookW: ...
Yeah i know how you feel, but therebwas also a bit of me that was relieved!

timle
Rookie

Post by timle » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes it's always a kind of mix of relief and disappointment...
I also think that we do not necessarily have to believe in the answers they provide us. A friend of mine is always very skeptical and looking for his "own" answers. Then he tries to convince us of his version which sometimes can seem quite plausible :wide:

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm

mj12cz wrote:Its a pretty mad Video, I really cannot make head nor tail of it, it looks like a solid object but who knows.
for one thing, why on earth would a huge spacecraft be hurtling "towards" the star? I mean THAT CLOSE? :o

so NASA account for it by saying "oh its a electrically charged subatomic particle colliding with the CCD detector" and THAT would show up on video? right!! :blotto:

strangely, the video broadcast then ceased :b-)

timle
Rookie

Post by timle » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm

falkor wrote:
mj12cz wrote:for one thing, why on earth would a huge spacecraft be hurtling "towards" the star? I mean THAT CLOSE? :o

so NASA account for it by saying "oh its a electrically charged subatomic particle colliding with the CCD detector" and THAT would show up on video? right!! :blotto:

strangely, the video broadcast then ceased :b-)
Hahaha, that's the same observation this friend of mine (cf. post above) has made.
He even asked me if I knew an online printing service to make a flyer that present his doubts about this whole story :eyeLa: I mean I'm not convinced either but come on...
I should make him register here :b-)