Google+ or Facebook?

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!

which social networking site is the one for you?

You may select 1 option

67%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
33%
No votes

Total votes: 3

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Google+ or Facebook?

Post by falkor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 pm

which would you join?

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/20 ... ot-Privacy

The Google+ Project launched on Tuesday to a small cache of users who are currently test driving the project in what a Google spokesperson told us is a 'limited field test'.

A select number of press correspondents have access to accounts but, as was the case when GMail launched, the rollout is so exclusive that the rest of us will have to wait for an invite. In the case of GMail, the exclusivity of the service created word of mouth buzz and also demand for the service among Google's power user set.

By contrast, Google Buzz, Google's first foray into social products was a feature activated in GMAil accounts without users permission, co-opted people's email contacts as 'friends' and subsequently faced a storm of controversy over privacy. Needless to say, Google Buzz failed to get any attention but negative press.

From the launch strategy alone, The Google+ Project has already put its best foot forward. However, from conversations with numerous industry professionals and esteemed network theory experts, our verdict is that Google+ is getting some things right, but has one fundamental hurdle to overcome.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: Google+ or Facebook?

Post by mj12cz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 am

To me fair they are all a pain in the arse, however I do use facebook but keep it to a minimium.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:16 pm

what about Twitter Pat? I never looked at Twitter but I got a Google+ invite, ironically from a pal on Facebook, haha :lol:

this is their promotional video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPeAdpe_A8

basically what is Google+ offering that facebook isn't and who wants to start all over again?

actually Google+ is probably ideal for someone who hsn't even got a Facebook account?

any other comments?

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Never been on twitter, I figure that if got into it its another site I could not get rid of. :tooT:

Hysteria
Scribe
Scribe

Post by Hysteria » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 am

I FB but not as often as I used too , I am a twerp ( I use twitter ) mainly cos one of my cousians won't use FB and she introduced me to it and I love it & I would love an Invite for Google

Twitter is great if you like following celebs etc I am currently following various star trek actor's and a few sci fi Author's etc .

I think FB is nearing the end of it's popularity due to a number of reasons mainly because of it's bizarre privacy policies and the fact there seems to be a new virus every other day doing the rounds

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Hysteria wrote: I would love an Invite for Google
haha I just sent you one Chris!! :D

Hysteria
Scribe
Scribe

Post by Hysteria » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 am

:mrgreen: Thankies falk

That was weird you sending me a invite as i deactivated my fb account yesterday afternoon as have decided to step away from it for awhile - too much drama