Mars, Here We Come! $19 Billion NASA Budget approved!

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Mars, Here We Come! $19 Billion NASA Budget approved!

Post by falkor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:38 am

Image << click to ZOOM
Building the new ORION spacecraft >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8lzN4z-hnY

By Tariq Malik Published September 30, 2010 | Space.com
Congress passed a vital NASA authorization bill late Wednesday, paving the way for an extra space shuttle flight next year and a new human spaceflight plan that takes aim at missions to an asteroid -- and ultimately even to Mars.

The NASA authorization bill approved by the House includes a $19 billion budget in 2011 for the U.S. space agency, and a total of $58 billion through 2013. It paves the way for several NASA projects, among them a new heavy-lift rocket for deep space missions and funding to aid the development of commercial space vehicles for eventual NASA use.

The bill was originally approved by the Senate on Aug. 5. The House opted to vote on the Senate's NASA authorization bill after running out of time on a compromise version proposed by Congressman Bart Gordon (R-Tennessee) last week. The fiscal year ends Thursday (Sept. 30).

The House officially voted in favor of the bill at about 11:37 p.m. EDT (0337 GMT). The 304-118 decision came just before Congress heads into recess until after the Nov. 2 elections.

President Obama's new space plan, announced in February, cancelled NASA's moon-oriented Constellation program set forth by former President George W. Bush and called for more ambitious deep space missions to an asteroid and Mars. The Constellation program was responsible for the Orion space capsules and Ares rockets set to follow the shuttle program.

MISSION TO MARS > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neLA_IuRLI8

ORION can land on the moon, an asteroid or MARS! :mrgreen:

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Re: Mars, Here We Come! $19 Billion NASA Budget approved!

Post by DarkKnight » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Excellent news, what a fortune it will cost though, with this recession I am surprised they are promising it now.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:13 am

Ezcellent news... but Like Falk says lots of money.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:31 pm

They really should put that money towards getting the world out of this recession.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''