Famous UFO story of Edinburgh pair to be made into movie

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Famous UFO story of Edinburgh pair to be made into movie

Post by falkor » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:36 am

By Oliver Farrimond

THE story about two Scots friends who claimed they were abducted by aliens is finally to be made into a movie.

Garry Wood and Colin Wright, now 46 and 42, claimed to have had a close encounter in 1992 when they were beamed aboard a UFO while driving near a reservoir near Balerno on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

The pair have always stuck by their claims and even passed a lie detector test on TV.

Now DBR Entertainment, based in London and Los Angeles, is financing the production of the film which comes after almost two decades of controversy over the X-Files-style encounter.

News of the film comes just as NASA plans to crash a satellite into the surface of the Moon to see if it is capable of sustaining life.
Film producer Dionne Rose, who is financing the film through the company, said: “It’s such a fantastic story and I was attracted to it from the first time I heard it.

“I had seen the film Fire in the Sky which has some similarities, but Colin and Garry’s experience did have unique elements to it.”

In what became famous as the “A70 Abduction Case”, the pair were driving to Tarbrax village near Balerno when a “disc-shaped object” appeared in front of their car.

In fear, driver Garry attempted to flee the object, but as they passed underneath, claim they were enveloped by a shimmering energy beam.

Although initially unable to remember any of the period between these and arriving at Tarbrax some 90 minutes later, hypnotherapy sessions brought back some of the memories.

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter
Holy: Hunter

Re: Famous UFO story of Edinburgh pair to be made into movie

Post by Paxovasa » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:49 am

I'm not convinced of the story..

My scepticism is based that they had no memory until after they had a hypnotherapy sessions, when under hypnosis they could have been fed information as you are more susceptible to believe what you are been told...
We come in peace - shoot to kill.

I aint no pleb

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Paxovasa wrote:I'm not convinced of the story..

My scepticism is based that they had no memory until after they had a hypnotherapy sessions, when under hypnosis they could have been fed information as you are more susceptible to believe what you are been told...

True and lie detectors can be fooled.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:27 pm

The thing is if you look at theis purley from a UFO maythologist theory, in the Greada Treaty of 1945, the deal was the Aliens could take some Humans on condition their memory of the abduction was removed.

However we know that with a bit of help a deep memory can be remembered and that hypnotherapy regression is the way to do it.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:53 pm

mj12cz wrote:The thing is if you look at theis purley from a UFO maythologist theory, in the Greada Treaty of 1945, the deal was the Aliens could take some Humans on condition their memory of the abduction was removed.

However we know that with a bit of help a deep memory can be remembered and that hypnotherapy regression is the way to do it.

I don't think Hypnosis is reliable enough of a source.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''