whos' on FACEBOOK?

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

whos' on FACEBOOK?

Post by falkor » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 pm

and another thing

Facebook has acted to close down a series of fake accounts that were being used by computer criminals to target the site's users.

Bobbie Johnson, San Francisco guardian.co.uk, Friday 2 October 2009 08.
According to Roger Thompson, chief research officer with antivirus company AVG Labs, a rising number of bogus profiles were being used to try and tempt the social network's users into downloading viruses.

In a post on the AVG Labs blog, he explained how the fake accounts had appeared, with a request to download a video. If unsuspecting users clicked on the link, it downloaded a piece of malicious software to their computer.

"Clearly, the data snatchers have found a way to automate the creation of Facebook accounts," Thompson wrote. "I'm sure Facebook will deactivate all these accounts as quickly as they find them, but it can't be an easy thing for them to find."

Facebook is believed to have started shutting down accounts, though it is not clear how many people have been affected.

The outbreak is a blow to the world's largest social networking site, which has been targeted regularly by spammers and fraudsters but has managed to remain relatively unburdened by dangerous activity.

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter
Holy: Hunter

Re: whos' on FACEBOOK?

Post by Paxovasa » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:50 am

I don't / won't do facebook.
We come in peace - shoot to kill.

I aint no pleb

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Paxovasa wrote:I don't / won't do facebook.

nah me either, not into them sites plus it gives people the opportunity to spy on you.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:06 pm

The only reason i have a face book account is its a gret way of getting/Staying intouch with people....

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Paxovasa » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:12 pm

mj12cz wrote:The only reason i have a face book account is its a gret way of getting/Staying intouch with people....

I prefer Skype for that..

I aint no pleb

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Facebook's virtual farm game attracting millions

Post by falkor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:14 am

By JIM SUHR, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Even while calling Chicago home, Laura Hawkins Grimes is a country bumpkin. Her scenic rural spread has three dairy farms, two ponds and a log cabin, all skirted by a white picket fence as scarecrows stand sentry over her blackberries.

And the best part is the 40-year-old sex therapist never has to leave her computer to tend to it all.

She’s one of tens of millions of occupants of FarmVille, a near-utopian, wildly popular online fantasy game where folks rush to another neighbor’s aid, ribbons readily come as rewards, plants don’t get diseased and there’s never a calamitous frost, flood or drought.
Since its launch last summer, the cartoonish simulation game seeming to meld “Leave it to Beaver” and “Green Acres” has become a Facebook phenomena, luring in everyone from urbanites like Grimes to actual farmers while gently nudging people to think more about where their food comes from.

“It’s kind of what you don’t see every day,” Grimes said of FarmVille by Zynga, a San Francisco-based developer of games widely played at online hangouts such as Facebook. “I have to say, living in Chicago, what appeals to me about FarmVille is it’s not urban.”

FarmVille — with more than 72 million monthly users worldwide, the most talked-about application in Facebook status updates — heads a growing stable of simulated agriculture that also includes SlashKey’s Farm Town on Facebook and PlayMesh’s recently launched iFarm for the iPhone.

Purposely simplistic, FarmVille lets players build and trick out their farms, starting with a tiny parcel they till and seed with a range of crops including berries, eggplant, wheat, soybeans, artichokes and pumpkins. Players can add pigs, cows and chickens and accouterments such as barns, chicken coops, windmills and greenhouses.

As is the case on real farmland, attentiveness in FarmVille is vital. Players who diligently tend to their crops see their farms flourish and their bank balances balloon. Those late with their harvests may see their crops — and their investment — shrivel and die.
Image http://www.facebook.com
Neighbors get rewarded with points and gold for scaring away pests, fertilizing or feeding chickens on another player’s spread.

Deranged Granny
Investigator
Investigator
Holy: Moly
Location: Southport - the town which isn't in the South and which isn't a port

Post by Deranged Granny » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 pm

I am always on facebook. It's great for students. I only add people I know :P
I come in peace!

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Paxovasa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:31 pm

Deranged Granny wrote:I am always on facebook. It's great for students. I only add people I know :P
I prefer MSN :vwide:

I aint no pleb

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:42 pm

I use Face book but can take it or leave it.

ccmiller
Scribe
Scribe

Post by ccmiller » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 pm

i use facebook all the time. no problem for me :-)

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:44 pm

don't forget our Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/85289851399/ :green:

AMYROSE
Rookie Investigator
Rookie Investigator

Post by AMYROSE » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Having resisted FB for years it was with a high degree of trepidation that I opened an account not much more than 6 months ago and it's great. I've met, if that's the right word, people all over the world with similar interests, who've expanded my knowledge and awareness and impart real ground breaking news - very swiftly. Spying??? Phone calls, texts, emails can and are spied upon, FB too but so what? Sorry if this disappointing but there is no one here, on this forum, that would be of any interest to the powers that be - believe me, you should see what some of my FB friends say and post!

Anyone wanting to FB connect with me please message me - that would be brilliant :)

Sini
Rookie

Post by Sini » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 pm

I hate facebook.
It is a very cruel page . So I am totally against it.

thedeal
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by thedeal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Sini wrote:I hate facebook.
It is a very cruel page . So I am totally against it.
welldone sini a place to bully and ridicule,,,,

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:53 pm

fair comment

that is actually true

it is like a school playground sometimes with no teacher in sight :x