Sussex teacher 'abducted by aliens in UFO'

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Sussex teacher 'abducted by aliens in UFO'

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 am

Thursday 16th July 2009

Comments (14)

Pupils were terrified after a school staged an alien crash landing which ended with a teacher being 'abducted'.

Children aged between seven and 11 at Southway Junior School in Southway, Burgess Hill, watched in horror as a 'spaceship' crashed near their school and aliens grabbed a member of staff.

The 'alien invasion' show, which was supported by Sussex police, took place without parents being informed, leaving some angry that they had to comfort their children.

The event, held on Friday, was designed to 'develop youngsters’ writing skills' and fire their imagination - but some children were left traumatised by the show.

Southway School has admitted that a number of parents complained after their children returned home in a 'state of shock'.

Youngsters had to be reassured that the abducted member of staff was safe and well after he was carted off by the 'aliens'.

Police contributed to the invasion by providing sirens and flashing blue lights to signify the landing of the craft just before morning classes.

Headteacher Diana Goss informed pupils that an alien craft had crashed near the school and pupils were encouraged to 'follow a trail of debris' before stumbling across the UFO.

A member of staff was then abducted by 'aliens' before the kids were sent back to class.

In a statement from Southway School it was confirmed that some children were upset by the 'realism' of the 'alien invasion'.

It read: "At the end of the afternoon the ‘missing’ member of staff joined the children at assembly where their accounts, poems, posters and reports were shared with the whole school.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: Sussex teacher 'abducted by aliens in UFO'

Post by mj12cz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:47 pm

I think the police were involved with this stunt! not such a good idea scaring 5 year olds!

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter
Holy: Hunter

Post by Paxovasa » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:24 pm

It says they are aged between 7 and 11!

So how did they scare 5 year olds ;)
We come in peace - shoot to kill.

I aint no pleb

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Paxovasa wrote:It says they are aged between 7 and 11!

So how did they scare 5 year olds ;)

The class involved were 7 to 11 years olds, however it apprently affected the whole school. I was reading a bit in the sunday papers where the reception class was all in tears! :shock: The old Rumor control!

However if it was my five year old he would have grabbed a stick and said bring it on! :lol:

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:24 pm

This sounds like a right stupid idea.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''