are you playing a computer game? PS3? XBOX?

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

are you playing a computer game? PS3? XBOX?

Post by falkor » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:04 am

well after the 2nd patch ;) the game plays superbly, no crashes and immense longevity - sequels not required, the game stands on it's own
ok it doesn't look anything like the new ENEMY UNKNOWN - nowhere near as sensational either but it certainly has it's moments and a superb learning curve too :green:

I have been playing it since 2008 :ugeek: and have started over about 10 times because I just love it (mind you, without the 2nd patch you would be in trouble) and they ARE putting out a sequel "this fall" :lol:

what are you playing?

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Re: are you playing a computer game? PS3? XBOX?

Post by rob42 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm a bit "old school" when it comes to gaming. I own a PS2 and have completed (that is 100% done, without cheats) about 8 or 9 different titles over the years. Not a big number, I know, but I'm chuffed that I've done them :vwide:

At the the moment I'm working my way through G.T.A: San Andreas. I'm not too far in (about 30% I think) as, over the years, I've re-started it at least 3 times and went at least 18 months without even thinking about it. This time I'm going to complete it. Again, it will be 100%, with no cheats. The only kind of 'cheat' I allow myself, is a re-load if I get busted. :mrgreen:
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
–Albert Einstein.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 am

I'm amazed that people can still "cheat" in this day and age, I thought all those days were gone! you can "cheat" on a PS2 game? I remember we used to be able to get "infinite lives" and "indestructable" in the old home computers days e.g Commodore 64, Atari St but on the PS2? great console BTW! have you ever tried "Project Eden", "Unreal Tournament" "Shadows of the Colossus" they are my fave PS2 games :green: They did a great version of "THE THING" on the Ps2 as well but I seem to remember that the PS2 won't play PS1 games, is that right?

GTA and GTA2 are PS1 games, with which I am totally familiar, legendary game!! :tooT: in the first one I just loved the "radio stations"

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:00 pm

"...you can "cheat" on a PS2 game?"
God yes!! And the XBox and (probably) just about every console out there! I'm convinced (but I know people will disagree) that the so called "cheats" are there to allow for game testing and are leaked out, either deliberately or not.

I've also heard of a bit of "home brewed" kit that was used on the PS2 that will generate button combos, thus activating a cheat if a correct combo is hit. I'll explain for those of you that don't know what I mean. To get a Jetpack in G.T.A San Andreas, for example, the button combo is: Up, Down, Left, Right, L1, L2, R1, R2, Up, Down, Left, Right. (there are loads of others! http://www.gtasanandreas.net/cheats/ps2.php) This bit of kit I read about ran different combos automatically, reviling the cheats when a correct combo was used. I hope that make sense :?

I didn't have a PS1, but I know that you could get (and I have one) a special memory card that allowed PS1 titles to be played on the PS2.

I've not played the titles you've mentioned here, Malc, but my introduction to the PS2 was playing GTA3. I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I was! What a game!! b.t.w the radio stations are one of the best features of the GTA series.

Some of my fave titles...
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Completed)
Max Payne (Completed)
Freedom Fighters (Completed)
Medal of Honor Frontline (Completed)
Dropship United Peace Force (On going)
GTA3 (Not Completed)
GTA SA (On going)
Gran Turisom 3 A-Spec (Completed)
Gran Turisom 4 (On going)
Black (hummm, I must return to this one!)
Killzone (... and this one)
I'll not bore the pants off you by going on... Sorry about the formatting here, I've not worked out how to insert a TAB yet.

I had an Atari ST520 (my third computer after the ZX Specy and the ZX81). It brings a tear to my eye... happy days... :mrgreen:
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
–Albert Einstein.