Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Ghosts

Post by mj12cz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 am

Founds this on the net.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090327/tuk ... dbed5.html

Good photo, I believe there is something after death, what it is i'm not sure.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Re: Ghosts

Post by DarkKnight » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Wow ! now thats a cool picture !!!
I like that story.

Remember this footage released last month ?

New Ghost Footage Released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwIDZx7lNHQ

From the Sun Newspaper : 13/02/2009

A SCHOOLBOY has captured eerie footage of what he claims is a ghost striding towards banisters at his home.

Terrified Reece Pitman, 12, heard whistling — and used his mobile to film the shadowy being.

It came days after his nine-year-old sister complained that someone was mysteriously finishing her jigsaws at night.

Tonia, of Solihull, Birmingham, said she consulted a psychic who told her the ghost could be friendly.

Sales assistant Tonia said: Ive had a tough time recently as my husband left me. I didnt believe in ghosts — but Im thinking of the spectre as my guardian angel.

Julian Banks of the British Paranormal Society said the film was potentially the best image of a ghost in years.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeah... its a good one, looks as genuine and the kid sounded freaked!

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Two good stories in 2009, maybe they are trying to reveal themselves. :?

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:05 pm

DarkKnight wrote:Two good stories in 2009, maybe they are trying to reveal themselves. :?
Never know.... This is my fav photo! It is truley creepy! :shock:

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostpho ... Church.htm

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:43 pm

I've always liked that picture, looks a bit like an alien.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 pm

:? this stuff REALLY creeps me out

I just can't deal with it :o

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:16 am

falkor wrote::? this stuff REALLY creeps me out

:o

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:04 pm

You should have stayed at my parents old house,

The oldest part was built in 1640 and is haunted, but it had such a lovely feel to it the house, even thoe I saw the ghost and so did both my parents it never bothered any of us one bit!

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:06 pm

mj12cz wrote:

You should have stayed at my parents old house,

The oldest part was built in 1640 and is haunted, but it had such a lovely feel to it the house, even thoe I saw the ghost and so did both my parents it never bothered any of us one bit!
1640 eh, that would be a cool house.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm

It was an old coaching inn, then a farm house. Just a lovely property, Its up for sale I would love to buy it but at £500,000 Just about £250,000 out of my of my price range! :D

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:54 pm

mj12cz wrote:It was an old coaching inn, then a farm house. Just a lovely property, Its up for sale I would love to buy it but at £500,000 Just about £250,000 out of my of my price range! :D

Its 500,000 out of my range. :roll:

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Yeah... I loved it, not a level floor in it, cellers and 7 bedrooms all with beams! Stunning.

The funny twist to the tale was it was haunted by a couple of ghosts one bing a previous owner who died in the 60's, anyway I ended up dating the great gran daughter at colleage, it was only when she came over she said who her great grand mother was! :shock:

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:21 pm

mj12cz wrote:Yeah... I loved it, not a level floor in it, cellers and 7 bedrooms all with beams! Stunning.

The funny twist to the tale was it was haunted by a couple of ghosts one bing a previous owner who died in the 60's, anyway I ended up dating the great gran daughter at colleage, it was only when she came over she said who her great grand mother was! :shock:

Strange stuff mate :?

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 pm

An eerie image of a figure in period costume has spooked experts investigating apparent photographic evidence of ghosts.

Friday, March 27, 2009 01:40 am

The picture, taken in May 2008, appears to show a man or woman in a ruff peering out of a barred window at Tantallon Castle.

No mannequins or costumed guides are employed at the castle, and three photographic experts have confirmed that no digital trickery was used on the photo.

Even confirmed ghost sceptic Professor Richard Wiseman, who led the study, admitted being puzzled.

"It is certainly very curious," he said. "We ran it by three photographic experts and they said it hadn't been Photoshopped at all.

"The figure appears to be in period costume, but we know 100% that Tantallon Castle is not the sort of place that has dummies or costumed guides - they just don't go in for that sort of thing."

Tantallon Castle, a ruined fortress dating back to the 14th Century, stands on a remote rocky headland near North Berwick on the Scottish east coast.

It was badly damaged in an attack by Oliver Cromwell's forces in 1651.

Christopher Aitchison, who took the photo, said: "I was not aware of anyone, or anything, being present in my picture, only noticing the anomaly when I got home.

"Staff have verified that there were no sinister dummies in period costume or historical re-enactments going on that day at the castle.

"I did not notice any nice old ladies wearing ruffs walking around the stairs! Some people have suggested its just light reflecting on rocks and one person suggested it may be King James V of Scotland."

Psychologist Prof Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, who has made many studies of the supernatural, launched the investigation a month ago.

Members of the public were asked to submit ghostly images for experts to analyse, the best of which were posted on the website http://www.scienceofhauntings.com.

More than 250 pictures were received from all over the world and more than a quarter of a million people voted for what they considered to be the most convincing photos.

"The Ghost in the Castle" took first place, winning 39% of the votes.

Here are the runners up:

:: Ghost in the Woods - Appears to show a strange ghostly figure in the trees. Sceptics say it is probably a mixture of shadows, leaves and branches.

:: Ghost on the Street - A strange shadowy figure next to the couple in the picture. Non-believers say blurring in the image suggests a long exposure. A person may have walked past the photographer unnoticed.

:: Ghost on the Beach - A mysterious dark hooded figure stands at the water's edge. Sceptics say the figure is an illusion created by an indentation in the rock face.

:: Ghost in the Mirror - A ghostly face in a car's wing mirror. The photographer says no one else was around at the time but sceptics insist the face could be a reflection of a headrest, someone standing nearby, or the result of digital manipulation.

The study is part of the Edinburgh International Science Festival.

Experts will discuss the findings at Hauntings, a one-day public festival event examining the evidence for ghosts on April 4.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090327/tuk ... dbed5.html

Check this out too -

http://www.scienceofhauntings.com.