MoD 'X-Files' just released

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

MoD 'X-Files' just released

Post by falkor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Close encounters... UFOs made 600 visits to the UK in a single year, according to MoD 'X-Files'
By Eddie Wrenn
Last updated at 3:16 PM on 17th August 2009

Hundreds of Britons had 'close encounters' with UFOs, according to previously-classified documents released by the Ministry of Defence today.

The sightings were made between 1981 and 1996 from observers including police officers, fighter pilots and school children. They range from lights in the sky to close contact with aliens with 'lemon-shaped heads', and include detailed analysis on some of the UK's most well-known cases.

'We want you, come with us,' one alien apparently told two terrified Staffordshire boys in 1995 after appearing from under a hovering UFO.
It is just one of countless mysterious reports released as part of a three-year project between the MoD and The National Archives, aimed at opening up the records to a worldwide audience.
The Government 'X- Files', contains 14 files of sightings, letters and Parliamentary Questions - 4,000 pages in total.

Enlarge Revellers in Glastonbury reported this sighting
The records feature papers relating to the famous 'Rendlesham Forest' sightings, often described as 'Britain's Roswell', and the MoD's final position statement on the incident.
  • Other highlights include:
  • The Belgian Air Force scrambling F-16 fighters to intercept UFOs reported by police officers and others. A report of the incident, in March 1990, confirms the F-16s obtained 'lock-ons' with their radars, but could not explain what caused the phenomena.
  • Numerous sightings over Scotland as Bonnybridge became the UFO hotspot of the mid-90s.
  • A report of wailing noises and mysterious lights being beamed on to a cemetery in Cheshire in July 1996. Investigations discovered four smouldering railway sleepers, one with a hole burnt through it.
Reports of UFOs soared in the 1990s, possibly as a reflection of what we were seeing on our screens - as Will Smith heroically defended Earth from an alien attack in Independence Day and Mulder and Scully opened The X-Files.
Here in Britain the number of UFO sightings leapt from 117 in 1995 to 609 in 1996.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: MoD 'X-Files' just released

Post by mj12cz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52 pm

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:46 am

More disclosure from our Government again and more disclosure from Europe.

This really is questionable, why so forthcoming all of a sudden ???

I loved that Guardian link by the way. :)
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 pm

yeah a 2 minute video starts playing - but where is it from? :gog:

A UFO was seen firing laser beams into the ground while hovering over a cemetery in Widnes in Cheshire by a young man on his way home after a night out.

Published: 11:00AM BST 17 Aug 2009
Daily Telegraph
A police officer sent later to investigate found a railway sleeper was "still smouldering".

The man – "a sensible sort of lad and genuine", according to police – was going home at about 2.30am on July 15, 1996, when he noticed he was being followed by a bright yellow light as he crossed a footbridge from Avondale Drive into Upton.

According to a police log released today by the Ministry of Defence, he reported the light was "two houses high" and that it followed him when he tried to walk away from it.

He told police it made a high-pitched noise "like cats wailing", before blasting light beams downwards.

When he returned home, he told his father what happened and he returned to the spot with him.

The pair found four railway sleepers smouldering and one with a 4in hole burned through it.

The official record shows a police officer was sent to the scene and he reported there was no sign of an accelerant being used.

The officer reported to his station: "One of the sleepers is still smouldering. It does look rather odd."

The local chief inspector was informed as well as the Aeronautical Information Service – which passes information to the air authorities to ensure

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 pm

One too many perhaps ?

7thsister
LLankhmar Gatherer
LLankhmar Gatherer

Post by 7thsister » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 pm

I think it's brilliant that the guy spoke of it - plus the incident being followed-up by the police.
Twinkle twinkle little star

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm

7thsister wrote:I think it's brilliant that the guy spoke of it - plus the incident being followed-up by the police.

Sadly its not enough, when are we going to have full blown Disclosure is the real question ?