TV show to probe famous Livingston UFO encounter

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

TV show to probe famous Livingston UFO encounter

Post by falkor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 am

Published on Saturday 10 November 2012 15:13 Scotsman .com
IT is perhaps Scotland’s most famous “close encounter” and one which has fascinated scientists, investigators and UFO hunters from around the world.

The mystery of what happened to a forestry worker called Robert Taylor on a chilly November morning more than 30 years ago is one that has baffled all who have examined the case – including the police, who keep the file open and consider it “unexplained”.

The fact that the police were not able to come up with some rational explanation is one of the enduring elements of a story which Mr Taylor continued to insist was true up until his death in 2007.

And now it is the subject of more scrutiny, thanks to a new show being produced by the National Geographic channel.

UFOs: The Untold Story aims to take a look at some of the most famous – and supported – UFO encounters from around the world, and it seems only fitting that Mr Taylor’s story should be among those told.

It started for him on November 9, 1979, when he worked for the Livingston Development Corporation ensuring that no cattle or sheep wandered into Dechmont Woods. It was a job he’d done for a long time with no unusual incidents – something that was about to change.

He arrived for work as normal in his company-owned pick-up truck with his Irish red setter Larah and started to walk down the path into the woods. But as he rounded the path into a clearing he was absolutely astonished to see what he later described as a “large dome-shaped object” of about 20-30ft circumference hovering 15ft above the surface of the grass.

TV SHOW COMING ON 20 NOV 8-)

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Re: TV show to probe famous Livingston UFO encounter

Post by rob42 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi falkor.

Thanks for the info. I've started to watch this series and for me, it has highlighted some interesting stuff; some of which I'm familiar with, some I'm not.

This will be one to look out for -- a "must see" as some say...

{having just spotted the date on your post}

...or maybe I'll catch a re-run....
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
–Albert Einstein.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 am

I don't know about you Rob but I don't find those programme images that convincing :hmmm:

was the programme good? (in the end I found out I don't have National Geographic :eyeLa: )

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:26 pm

I see the the programme its self as little more than entertainment and would treat the images used the same. It's the information contained within that I'm looking at. The presentation is not exactly to my taste, but it keeps the subject in the minds of people.

There's a good feature here: http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseSu ... sp?ID=1127

I think it's one the the more intriguing cases, but again one which will probably never be fully explained.
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
–Albert Einstein.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:44 pm

that is one excellent article from the Economist Rob, extremely good reading

an obituary that takes us back to November 9th 1979 when a decent man experienced a UFO alone and without witnesses

in the end, it drove him from his home :cry: