Do you believe in UFO?

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher
Holy: Hunter

Re: Do you believe in UFO?

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:42 pm

I am firstly happy to simply answer what was essentially a simple, if ill-worded question by someone who is perhaps not completely au fait with the terminologies involved.

Yes AND yes.

I believe in UFO's
Because I have seen more UFO's in person than I have seen Native Americans... and I have no problem believing in Native Americans.
I believe in extraterrestrials.
Because firstly, science and mathematical probability demands that we believe this and secondly if I accept UFO's as piloted craft beyond the reach of current human technology then the extraterrestrial answer is no more or less ludicrous than the ones that involve a species living under the Earth's crust or under the sea or time travelling humans (which frankly equals extraterrestrial anyway because given long enough the human race is eventually going to begin populating other planets, so if they're far enough in the future to time-travel then they may just as well be far enough in the future to be extraterrestrial Humans.)

On the question which seems to have arisen on what on Earth they're doing here (pun intended)... I know full well what they're doing here.
They're doing the same thing the Western civilizations are doing with North Korea and Iran.
We're scared to death that a neighbour with a different ideology and perhaps a warlike rhetoric might develop a nuclear weapon and start brandishing it about making threats and demands that we won't like.
Well, humans are a dreadfully warlike bunch for whom it's demonstrably more than mere rhetoric. We have historically destroyed every new culture we have come across in search of food, resources and power. Never pure knowledge, never to spread wisdom and harmony but to grab gold and oil in exchange for some beads, some liquor and a liberal amount of threats. Ask the native Americans, the Australian Aboriginals, most of Africa, the Incas... need I go on?
"Why don't they give us the cure for cancer?" we bleat.
Because if they give it to just anyone then they wouldn't know what to do with it... except sell the formula to a pharmaceutical company who would make sure that it just made them richer. This is not a conspiracy theory just common sense. Give money to a gambling addict to feed his kids and he just gambles it away. Give humans food and we'd sell it to the rich, give us energy and we'd find smarter ways to take South American water and make Cola for Europe out of it and give us technology and we'll blow ourselves to kingdom come in 30 seconds flat. Us and half our solar system.
They're here because we're not half as clever or special as we think we are... and we're ten times more dangerous looking.
Seriously... if you weren't human would you really want us living next door to you?

Regards.
Do I look like I'm making this up?
Read my experiences here on UFOforums

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:22 pm

welcome to the site Daz :b-)
On the question which seems to have arisen on what on Earth they're doing here (pun intended)... I know full well what they're doing here.
They're doing the same thing the Western civilizations are doing with North Korea and Iran
very good answer, I cannot recall seeing that one before

hiflier
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by hiflier » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:22 am

Hello DazSavage,
DazSavage wrote: I believe in extraterrestrials.
Because firstly, science and mathematical probability demands that we believe this and secondly if I accept UFO's as piloted craft beyond the reach of current human technology then the extraterrestrial answer is.........
First of all "science" and "believe" in the same sentence in an incongruity. Secondly, science demands nothing of us. Conclusion? It does NOT demand that we believe in extraterrestrials. Science uses Kepler to find planets- that's all. Everything else is up to subjective individual belief systems. Saying that mathmatical probability demands extraterrestrial belief is leading and misleading.

Yes, the Milky Way is a big, and very OLD Galaxy. And of course the Universe is gigantic so the PROBABILITY of other life forms is high but far, far from a given. Science only suggests we think about the mathmatical probability....PERIOD. In other words science does not infer life of any kind anywhere. If you BELIEVE there is that's fine but a little proof would go a long way in supporting your ET vs. warring Humans scenario. Oh and yes, we are a warring civilization without doubt.

I have a question for you now. It has been said there are 57 varieties of Aliens; others say as many as 200 different races. There are also a BUNCH of different kinds of UFO shapes and sizes that have been reported flying around for decades and beyond. Then too, abductees tell of a range of treatments from good to bad. Can you roll all that together and come up with a plausible hypothesis covering all aspects I've just mentioned? It would be helpful in possibly making some sense of it all as everything seems so haphazard in an almost ridiculously random sort of way.