I hope for serious answers, it's need for social project

Thank you all.

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Do you believe in UFO?

Post by rob42 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi.

"Extraterrestrial life (from the Latin words: extra ["beyond", or "not of"] and terrestris ["of or belonging to Earth"]) is defined as life that does not originate from Earth."

This is NOT even close to being the same as a UFO!!

Anyway, to answer the question "Do I believe in extraterrestrial life?" (which is what I think you were trying to ask?), well, to believe that extraterrestrial life does NOT exist is to believe that our planet is the only one in our universe that is able to support life as we know it. I don't think that you will find too many folks of that opinion, especially as you are on a UFO forum.
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
–Albert Einstein.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 am

many people feel it is embarrassing to go down that road though

to acknowledge the possibility that UFOs are real exposes you to ridicule, can you be bothered to "fight that"? what would the neighbours say?

this is why thousands of people can witness a UFO and you only get 3 or 4 witnesses 8-)

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I think I could point any interested party in the direction of some reports that have very compelling evidence that we have had (and continue to have) objects flying about the skies that defy any known technology of the day (as I'm sure any good Ufologist could). For open-minded, rationale people, that should dispel any ridicule. I tend not to get too involved with closed-minded, in-rationale people as they make me feel like I''m :br:

I think the other thing is not to loose a sense of humor about these things. As you say falkor, some people feel embarrassed by the subject. I find that a little humor helps to dispel the embarrassment and can encourage people to tell you what they really think rather than what society in general would have them think or believe.

I'd like to know what AllohagiX's views are, what the "real" question is and about the project?

:vwide:
–Albert Einstein.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 am

For me its not Do they exist? its have they been visiting us?

There is no doubt in the varstness of space there is other forms of life, be it bacteria or Highly advanced.

wallarookiller
LLankhmar Gatherer
LLankhmar Gatherer
Holy: Crusador

Post by wallarookiller » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:54 am

mj12cz wrote:For me its not Do they exist? its have they been visiting us?

There is no doubt in the varstness of space there is other forms of life, be it bacteria or Highly advanced.
absolutely true but I also believe that they are visiting us as well.

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:11 pm

wallarookiller wrote:absolutely true but I also believe that they are visiting us as well.
Hi buddy :mrgreen:

Would you like to explain why you believe that "they" are visiting us as well?

Thanks ;)
–Albert Einstein.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 pm

as the population on this planet becomes denser and denser and the cities and even towns become more and more crowded .... surely the likelyhood of definite "evidence" of us being 'visited' would become overwhelming

and in addition to that, my thought is "why?"

Why should we be visited? and if so, why should we be visited year after year after year? surely the "visit" if for one year, would fulfill a UFO purpose? why would 2 years of visits, or even more be required?

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:58 pm

falkor wrote:Why should we be visited? and if so, why should we be visited year after year after year? surely the "visit" if for one year, would fulfill a UFO purpose? why would 2 years of visits, or even more be required?
It's a good question, Malc, and one that I puzzled over for a few years. One answer that may be possible relates to the so called Zeta Reticuli Incident – aka the Hill Abduction.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_and_ ... _abduction

Betty and Barney Hill were an American couple who claimed to have been abducted by extraterrestrials in a rural portion of New Hampshire on September 19–20, 1961.

The couple's story, called the Hill Abduction, and occasionally the Zeta Reticuli Incident, was that they had been kidnapped for a short time by a UFO. Theirs was the first widely-publicised claim of alien abduction, adapted into the best-selling 1966 book The Interrupted Journey and the 1975 television movie The UFO Incident.

Its importance is such that many of Betty Hill's notes, tapes, and other items have been placed in a permanent collection at the University of New Hampshire, her alma mater. As of July 2011, the site of the alleged craft's first close approach is marked by a state historical marker.

You need to be up-to-speed on the complete story to see where I'm coming from, but Betty describes (and even draws) a map that she said her abductors showed to her. She describes seeing some lines on the map and claims that she was told that the lines were "trade routes" or "places visited occasionally" with dotted lines described as “expeditions”, that is to say that the lines linked stars that would be worth a visit.

Marjorie E. Fish http://www.kochkyborg.de/BBHill/fishbibl.htm painstakingly constructed several three-dimensional models over a four and a half year period, using beads dangling on threads, checked data, searched and checked again and found a near perfect match from the viewpoint of the double star system of Zeta Reticuli. Her work has been verified using computer modeling.

Like I say, you need to digest the full story (and it takes some doing!) to see where I'm coming from, but basically if our Sun is one of a number of stars that a form a "trade route", then that would explain why we are being visited time and time again.

This site http://www.gravitywarpdrive.com/Zeta_Re ... 20Incident is well worth a visit if you are at all interested in this case. I have to say that if you are NOT interested in the Zeta Reticuli Incident, I think you should be as (IMHO) it represents one of the most compelling cases there is for the existence of another intelligent life form within 55 light years of Earth.

Now, to answer you question, Malc; well, how often do you go to the shops? Do you go just once in your life or do you go week after week after week?

So if we go with the notion for a moment (that these "Beings" are trading with this planet, the question now is with what are we trading? i.e what is it we are buying from "them" and what is it we are selling to "them"? To "trade" both parties need to have something the other party is in need of and can't get by any other means.

:geek:
–Albert Einstein.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 pm

to be in possession of the technology required to move from one star system to another would correspondingly infer WEALTH.

such technology would not be cheap, nor would the fuel to run it be cheap either.

so, intelligent beings who are wealthy already and in possession of massively advanced technology to our own, decide to come to this star system regularly because they need to "trade" with us.

so with all the wealth that they must have to possess and operate their crafts, they still "need" materials found on Earth that they cannot find anywhere else?

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 am

I think you're missing the point. What has "WEALTH" got to do with it? What is "WEALTH"?

I think (in fact a HOPE) that by the process of evolution, that this Capitalist concept of wealth (which is based almost entirely on Fiat money, with virtually nothing of subsistence behind it) will die the death that it deserves. In fact it is that VERY system that is driving people to commit suicide in places like Greece...

Anyway, who knows what naturally occurring minerals or metals or living items we have on this planet, that may not occur elsewhere in the Universe, but are none the less needed or desired for whatever purpose or reason?

I think you are in danger of under estimating the value of the naturally occurring resources this planet has to offer while at the same time over estimating the the value of a man made concept called money.
–Albert Einstein.

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Post by dave3974 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 pm

why would they let themselves be detected [ ufo`s] or alternatively why have they not revealed themselves , if only to trade -if they exist ,

Thulsadoom
Scribe
Scribe

Post by Thulsadoom » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:11 pm

I think Rob42 has a good point. Money, certainly in our use of it, is a concept that likely doesn't mean much to life from other worlds (or other dimensions?). A society advanced enough to create interstellar craft likely has a technology where the production of such craft is almost simple. you only need to look at the difference between the first cars and modern cheap cars. As automation and production technology improves, so does cost and production time. The first interstellar craft of such beings may have been expensive custom jobs. As their own technology progresses, they're probably made in every bit as automated and common a way as modern motor vehicles or aircraft.

So then the question of 'trade' comes up. What is worthwhile to such beings? Money or even resources in the traditional human understanding are probably not an issue, especially when you can mine any interstellar body you wish to with ease. What probably means more to them are the less tangible things. So 'trade' with such cultures could be anything from genetic material (a popular belief) right through to artistic endeavours (music, art, literature, etc.) Simply our naive human outlook on reality might be a precious commodity in a universe where so much is no longer a mystery.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 am

I like it

welcome Thulsadoom :wide:

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Post by dave3974 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:09 pm

arthur c clarke stated that their has never been any artifact or reliable evidence-ever ; i tend to agree -sadly