Declining numbers of “flying saucer” sightings

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Declining numbers of “flying saucer” sightings

Post by falkor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 pm

By Jasper Copping 8:50AM GMT 04 Nov 2012
For decades, they have been scanning the skies for signs of alien activity.

But having failed to establish any evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial life, Britain’s UFO watchers are reaching the conclusion that the truth might not be out there after all.

Enthusiasts admit that a continued failure to provide proof and a decline in the number of “flying saucer” sightings suggests that aliens do not exist after all and could mean the end of “Ufology” – the study of UFOs – within the next decade.

Dozens of groups interested in the flying saucers and other unidentified craft have already closed because of lack of interest and next week one of the country’s foremost organisations involved in UFO research is holding a conference to discuss whether the subject has any future.

Dave Wood, chairman of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena (Assap), said the meeting had been called to address the crisis in the subject and see if UFOs were a thing of the past

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Declining numbers of “flying saucer” sightings

Post by dave3974 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:36 pm

it might well be the case that they have come and passed on , or never been here at all

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am

Even if the amount of sightings in the UK is in decline this should not detract from what has happened in the past and the fact that much of what has been reported (and is still being reported in other parts of the world) by pilots and astronauts remains unanswered. I have always battled with the lack of evidence regarding UFO sightings, but I find the cases that are reported by pilots and astronauts to be the most intriguing.

dave3974, you may very well be correct, but the fact remains that the governments of both the UK and the USA (among others) are covering up something. I don't know if we will ever find out what, but I do believe we should not stop trying. Maybe, as a group of people, we should be looking at the material we already have and try to dig a little deeper to see if anything has been missed.

A TV show that has already been mentioned on the forum (UFOs: The Untold Stories. Airs on Nat Geo, Tuesdays at 8pm) has some interesting cases. so if you can catch it, it's well worth a look.
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
–Albert Einstein.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I totally agree Rob, this video http://youtu.be/zB3PKshvR3c titled "National Geographic UFO Europe Untold Stories S01E02" (is a clip from the TV programme) launches straight into the 1980 Rendlesham case

it is very good indeed! :b-) one (reliable) witness describes in detail a "3-man sized" UFO found at Rendlesham which took off in his presence!

"I defy anybody to try and tell me that a flying lighthouse actually exists"

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:40 am

I think some of the reasons id people are just not reporting what they see or now dismiss it as an aircraft.

I do not dout there are still loads of sightings out there but may go unreported.

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Post by dave3974 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:01 pm

I would wnder if our governments are organised enough to all agree on a cover up ; and then why , to what purpose.
i would wonder to , if ufos are visiting us why do they allow themselves to be seen , do they not have stealth technology centuries ahead of us -but perhaps i am trying to undersatnd them , if they exist in human terms.

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Post by dave3974 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:43 pm

perhaps they are aware they have been seen and are now using stealth technology, the risks of being seen are surely far greater now , - [ they stand a greater chance of us shooting bthem mdown[.