Sorry but ET is just a dream says Prof Brian Cox

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Sorry but ET is just a dream says Prof Brian Cox

Post by falkor » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:50 pm

26 Oct 2014 Sunday Times
HUMANS are probably the sole masters of the universe, because the evolutionary flukes that gave rise to us are highly unlikely ever to have happened on another planet, according to Professor Brian Cox.

He has stepped into one of science’s longest-lasting controversies: could intelligent life have evolved on any planet besides Earth? His conclusion: we are alone.

Cox’s reasoning derives largely from one observation — we have never seen any alien artefacts. He argues that, if any such intelligence had evolved, it would have spread itself or its space probes across the galaxy — and we have seen nothing.

Their absence, he argues, “suggests that there is only one advanced technological civilisation in this galaxy and there has only ever been one — and that’s us. We are unique.”

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Sorry but ET is just a dream says Prof Brian Cox

Post by dave3974 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:03 pm

he may be right , ,there is no evidence

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Dave if there's no evidence what do you call four pages of UFO sightings? (on this site) :b-)

Giuliana
Scribe
Scribe

Post by Giuliana » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 pm

The professor is clearly talking nonsense. There is a wealth of alien artifacts found here on earth, not to mention elsewhere in the universe...

How does one upload pictures here from one's own files here at UFO forums? It's different from my own forum... I have many folders filled with pictures of alien artifacts in my personal files, which don't have a URL anymore. (at least I don't think they do, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how that works).

Here's a video which will make many think twice about making such sweeping statements about life, here and elsewhere in the universe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CPbm3ZEi1U
non siamo mai stati soli.

http://interdimensional.boards.net/

Johnny Coleman
Rookie

Post by Johnny Coleman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Interesting comments on both sides of this article. It seems strange that most astronomers will dismiss the idea of UFO's. You would think that people who spend a lot of time studing the night sky would have more to say about it. Anybody have any thoughts or comments why this might be?

Giuliana
Scribe
Scribe

Post by Giuliana » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Johnny Coleman wrote:Interesting comments on both sides of this article. It seems strange that most astronomers will dismiss the idea of UFO's. You would think that people who spend a lot of time studing the night sky would have more to say about it. Anybody have any thoughts or comments why this might be?
I have no clue, Johnny, but my best guess would be that they're all academics, and have a reputation to uphold. They may 'think outside the box,' but they have a lot to lose professionally, if they speak outside of the box.

Think about Galileo; his very eminent peers, scientists, truly believed that the world was flat. Even today scientists know that they will be ostracised for not toeing the official line.
non siamo mai stati soli.

http://interdimensional.boards.net/

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Post by dave3974 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 pm

after all this time there is still no tangible proof such as an artefact , photos are not enough

rob42
Investigator
Investigator

Post by rob42 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:16 pm

dave3974 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 pm
after all this time there is still no tangible proof such as an artefact, photos are not enough
I agree with you, Dave. I've not seen any tangible proof either. I don't think that it's possible to prove a negative, which is what Prof. Cox seems to be trying to do. That said, Prof. Cox is a part of the establishment, and I have a very deep mistrust of the establishment and anyone connected with it.

I have come across (as I'm sure we all have) quite a few stories, but there again, to 'believe', one has to trust the story teller as proof is once again, sadly lacking with many of the tails I read. I tend to be more trusting of stories that have some sort of corroboration, such as the Rendlesham Forest incident.

My thoughts (f.w.i.w) are that there has to be a first for everything, so maybe 'we' are simply the first. But then, we have this [http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/0 ... ention-it/] story from a couple of years ago, but yet again, no proof, and it comes from the establishment... :conF:
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
–Albert Einstein.