UFO's During Vietnam War.

Genuine info on aliens please!
Gatherer
Gatherer
Holy: Prophet

UFO's During Vietnam War.

Post by 1963 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 am

Hi all!

I'm not sure if this subject has been covered before...but it is one that I always find fascinating, so i'll post it anyway. :)
It concerns the UFO incidents that were witnessed by the military folk during the Vietnam Conflict.
I know that there are multitudes of similar reports from just about every conflict throughout man's bloodthirsty history, but the Vietnam War is well within living memory and has many thousands of surviving veterans that could still yet astound the UFO community with their first hand testimonies!
It is a rather irritating trait of military witnesses to (for what ever reason) withhold their knowledge of such events for many years ,sometimes decades !..until perhaps the passage of time deems it safe to unburden themselves from this secret and hefty knowledge.
..Perhaps the oath of secrecy that seemed so important at the time, dilutes naturally over the years?...or maybe the threats of serious reprisals from sinister agencies are watered down to something and nothing with the passing of many years?...Well for whatever reason, these stories are always interesting to say the least when they do finally circulate the community..but sadly, in a high percentage of these accounts ...so much time has elapsed that there is little or no corroborating evidence or witnesses left to be found. And so all that we have is an interesting story!
But I believe that with a concentrated effort from the cream of Ufological Researching Investigators, there is still hope for the plethora of UFO accounts from the Vietnamese Conflict to yield good dividends!

Here is a link to a good article that highlights a few of these promising possibilities....

http://www.openminds.tv/ufos-during-the-vietnam-war/

and this is a link to a report that particularly grabbed my attention and one that I believe should prove to be an achievable goal for the team of URI's that I proposed earlier to 'confirm or debunk' once and for all....

http://www.nicap.org/nhatrang.htm

Cheers.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Re: UFO's During Vietnam War.

Post by falkor » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:44 am

EMP effect is An electromagnetic pulse - interesting that this occurred for just 4 minutes
The war was still a fresh and tragic memory when I came to this country in 1975. I met countless people who had either served themselves or had close relatives or friends who did. As I became interested in ufology from 1977 on, some of the first stories I heard were war-related. My friend John Miranda, who was the first to show me evidence for UFOs, heard first-hand an account from a co-worker in 1972: Andy (not his real name) had just served as an USAF Technical Sergeant in “what he described was the intelligence center in Thailand that coordinated the military aircraft flights over all of Vietnam. As he put it, ‘if there was a plane flying anywhere in S.E. Asia, this control center knew about it’.” It was probably the Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai Air Force Base, identified in FOIA documents discussed below.

Andy reported that “one day [probably in 1969] on multiple radars, they tracked an object traveling at 7,000 mph that repeatedly made right angle turns. They checked with the top commanders from Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines. All confirmed they had no aircraft flying in that area at the time. Of course, the folks in the intelligence center were warned never to speak of this event.” Miranda added that Andy was a sharp individual without tendency to exaggerate. “He knew exactly what he was telling me. And he had no reason to embellish the story.”
but WHY WOULD a UFO repeatedly made right angle turns? this is what I don't get

Gatherer
Gatherer
Holy: Prophet

Post by 1963 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:19 pm

[/quote]
but WHY WOULD a UFO repeatedly made right angle turns? this is what I don't get[/quote]

Hi Falkor!
Thanks for taking the time to reply buddy.
And the question that you pose as to why the repeated right hand turns..is one that I suspect only the occupants of the UFO can answer..(..if indeed there were any occupants?)..but would it be a silly observation that just three right hand turns is the equivalent to circulating a set area, and perhaps the more efficient route to a 'machine and entity' that from reams of testimony appears to be not effected by the laws of physics (G-force, Inertia, Gravity etc) in the same way that we do..?
Or maybe it was avoiding something dangerous that is not yet obvious to us..?
Some hidden force , natural or otherwise that is invisible to our present technology..?
Well,.. something in our atmosphere seems to be capable of downing these wondrous craft, if any of the 'Crashed UFO' stories are to be believed!

But of course that is just all idle throwaway speculation on my part, and probably has no roots in reality.And of course there is no way to say for certain that this wasn't just a as yet unknown natural-phenomena..or even that the event did happen at all...because no matter the source, unless 'I was present at the alleged-event', it will always be just anecdotal to me.
It is up to each reader to decide how much credence that one personally deems fit to appoint to any case!....How much credence do you give to these Vietnamese reports Falkor?

Cheers buddy.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:10 pm

If i recall rightly one was downed in 1968, occupants and craft recovered.

Great links, I enjoyed that.