David Cameron To Speak To Barack Obama About Gary McKinnon.

Genuine info on aliens please!
Gatherer
Gatherer
Holy: Prophet

Post by 1963 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 am

Hi all!

I imagine that most people (if not all) on this forum is familiar with the Gary McKinnon extradition saga...but did you realise that it's been going on for 10 years!!
Here is the latest article that I read earlier today .....

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/ufo_hacke ... _1_1225526

...I know...pathetic isn't it!

For god's sake , get it over with!...I mean, we all know that he's been a naughty boy and should have been made to sit on the naughty-step for half an hour!....but to drag it on for '10 years' is beyond a joke!!
Common sense dictates that though Gary's actions are not to be condoned...but neither is 10 years of mental torture inflicted on him and his family by the american government in retaliation for being lapse enough for a 'nerdy little autistic hacker' to highlight the shoddiness of their multi-million dollar security system , and thus causing them to suffer some embarrassment !

What is your take on this never-ending farce...is it Justice?...or Cruel Vengeance?

Cheers.

thedeal
Gatherer
Gatherer

Re: David Cameron To Speak To Barack Obama About Gary McKinn

Post by thedeal » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:03 am

I completely agree with you Its a cruel farce and Cameron should grow a pair and sort it out then he should get to work getting the many dangerous people we have here extradited instead of giving them handouts and protection when they openly threaten our lives but dont hold your breath.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 am

the ten year delay is caused by McKinnon himself

this delay is a direct result of his multiple appeals

basically you are saying if you can get your defence team to stretch it out for 10 years (which is what HE has done) then cancel the whole lot?

the bloke is a MAJOR CRIMINAL, he has committed serious offences and his illness is his shield, don't bang me up in jail, I didn't know :hmmm: right oh

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 am

To be fair he's broken US law, now the reasoning behind that is only known to him self, but i'm sure he knew what he was doing. Hunting for UFO's or not he has hacked into their systems and he must have know they would come for him.

If he just went to the US took the punishement, he would have been back by now and it would be over. but he's strung it out and the USA have dug their heels in.

The question I ask is "How would I feel if someone hacked my systems?"

I would be mighty pissed off. The USA are going for blood.

Look I want disclosure as much as the next person, but hacking computers does nothing to help that infact it causes more hassle for everyone and is not they way to go about it.

Gatherer
Gatherer
Holy: Prophet

Post by 1963 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:17 am

falkor wrote:the ten year delay is caused by McKinnon himself

basically you are saying if you can get your defence team to stretch it out for 10 years (which is what HE has done) then cancel the whole lot?

the bloke is a MAJOR CRIMINAL, he has committed serious offences and his illness is his shield, don't bang me up in jail, I didn't know :hmmm: right oh
Of course, I respect your rights to have a different opinion to my own buddy...but .." MAJOR CRIMINAL"! :shock:

Come off it Falkor!....Ian Brady, Al Capone , Amelia Dyer, Ted Bundy were "MAJOR CRIMINALS"!...Gary McKinnon is just the type of geeky guy that frequents the same kind of websites and forums that you and I visit!
The fact that this boy was computer savvy enough that he managed to infiltrate the US government and NASA security systems in search of evidence to present to 'less savvy' students of the ETH, is his only transgression. ..Apart from the security agency's pride ,No one died or was injured in the slightest. ..And there has never been any suggestion that Gary was any kind of 'Spy' working for either a hostile government or as a secret-selling mercenary!
Granted...a few of the sensation hunting media-rags ran with an unsubstantiated story that Gary was some kind of cyber-terrorist and caused $700,000 worth of damage to their systems...but when Gary made a statement himself, admitting that he 'jokingly' left only one message for them to find...

" US foreign policy is akin to Government-sponsored terrorism these days … It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year … I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels …"

The US authorities did not argue or try to correct the statement!

And as for your rather offensive assertions that Gary's clinically diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome that was diagnosed by three of the world's leading experts (Professor Simon Baron-Cohen, Professor Jeremy Turk and Professor Thomas Bernie) whom all diagnosed him as suffering from an autism spectrum disorder compounded with clinical depression...Well!...speaking as a parent that has raised the worlds most beautiful, and gorgeous autistic son for the last 16 years...you'll have to forgive me for viewing your closing statement as the BS that it was!!

I have always said that by their actions in this matter, the US security agency have done nothing to increase the public's perceptions of their competence .
Instead of hounding 'The Solitary Nerd' that easily bypassed their country's security protection...they should have hired the guy as some sort of consultant, in an effort to ensure that 'This' was a one-off lapse that could have cost the world's most powerful country dearly ...if Gary McKinnon was A MAJOR CRIMINAL!!

Cheers.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 am

Good post 1963!

The case of Gary McKinnon I think will go on for a long time and I don't know anything about Asperger's Syndrome, but some people see it as "He knew what he was doing" so he knew what would happen.

Asperger's Syndrome or not I think he just thought being in the UK they could not get him and its all back fired.

But for me, the most frustrating thing is I think what he has done has set back Disclosure, but I also agree we should not be throwing people to the wolves. I think he should be going to court in the UK.

As for US forign policy... I really don't know alot about that.

thedeal
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by thedeal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 am

1963 wrote:
falkor wrote:the ten year delay is caused by McKinnon himself

Of course, I respect your rights to have a different opinion to my own buddy...but .." MAJOR CRIMINAL"! :shock:

Come off it Falkor!....Ian Brady, Al Capone , Amelia Dyer, Ted Bundy were "MAJOR CRIMINALS"!...Gary McKinnon is just the type of geeky guy that frequents the same kind of websites and forums that you and I visit!
The fact that this boy was computer savvy enough that he managed to infiltrate the US government and NASA security systems in search of evidence to present to 'less savvy' students of the ETH, is his only transgression. ..Apart from the security agency's pride ,No one died or was injured in the slightest. ..And there has never been any suggestion that Gary was any kind of 'Spy' working for either a hostile government or as a secret-selling mercenary!
Granted...a few of the sensation hunting media-rags ran with an unsubstantiated story that Gary was some kind of cyber-terrorist and caused $700,000 worth of damage to their systems...but when Gary made a statement himself, admitting that he 'jokingly' left only one message for them to find...

" US foreign policy is akin to Government-sponsored terrorism these days … It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year … I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels …"

The US authorities did not argue or try to correct the statement!

And as for your rather offensive assertions that Gary's clinically diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome that was diagnosed by three of the world's leading experts (Professor Simon Baron-Cohen, Professor Jeremy Turk and Professor Thomas Bernie) whom all diagnosed him as suffering from an autism spectrum disorder compounded with clinical depression...Well!...speaking as a parent that has raised the worlds most beautiful, and gorgeous autistic son for the last 16 years...you'll have to forgive me for viewing your closing statement as the BS that it was!!

I have always said that by their actions in this matter, the US security agency have done nothing to increase the public's perceptions of their competence .
Instead of hounding 'The Solitary Nerd' that easily bypassed their country's security protection...they should have hired the guy as some sort of consultant, in an effort to ensure that 'This' was a one-off lapse that could have cost the world's most powerful country dearly ...if Gary McKinnon was A MAJOR CRIMINAL!!

Cheers.
Once again 1963 i agree completely with your above post,funny how known threats are allowd to walk free around the US and UK but but this guy is a "major criminal" and should be shot at dawn,we have just released a man cosidered by the US and UK to be one of the most dangerous men on the planet but when they find Mckinnon guilty he will be locked up but hate preachers can just carry on as normal.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:42 am

Being devils advocate here people...

How would you guys feel if someone hacked you home computer and got access to your private records, photos, bank details etc???

Surley you would want him/her put infront of the courts?

Or is this sort of thing ok?

Ok he may not be a major criminal, but he has committed a criminal offence!

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Post by dave3974 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:30 pm

as i undersatnd now the uk governmant may offer him a job.