alien life forms

Genuine info on aliens please!
theblackhole

alien life forms

Post by theblackhole » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello everyone i am theblackhole, or Steve if you prefer. I have been an amateur astronomer for around 25 years. the subject of the possibility of life elsewhere is of course very interesting. Dont want to dampen your fires, but after 25 years of looking up into the night skies i have never come across any ufo`s im afraid. Dont worry though i am sure they are out there, as an astronomer, and having some idea of the vastness of space, it is highly unlikely that our very own Earth is the only planet supporting life. What intrigues me the most is just what alien life forms will look like, i believe they may be something beyond and outside of our imagination, certainly nothing like that described or portrayed in the cinema. i would like to hear your views on this, as it appears many of you have actually witnessed a ufo sighting. Thanks a lot. Steve theblackhole.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: alien life forms

Post by mj12cz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Steve Welcome to the forum.

I tend to agree with you life forms out there could be anything from a human looking creature to something from transformers... its so big out there almost anything could be existing.

What do you think?

wemadetheworld
Scribe
Scribe

Post by wemadetheworld » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 pm

I have read quite extensively into cosmology where such texts digress into exobiology and there may be certain imperatives

For example predators are usually more intelligent that prey so the top species would more likely be predatory carnivores or omnivores than herbivores

Planets would most likely be located within a close range of distance from their Sun to ensure liquid water

Therefore alien species may have some means of sensing electromagnetic radiation such as eyes and binoclaur vision would be advantageous in catching prey

It also seems likely that they would have hands or some means of manipulating the world around them

They would also require some form of linguistic communication beyond basic signals in order to achieve consciousness

However once a civilisation becomes sufficiently advanced they could engineer their physical form and perhaps evolve into partly or wholly artifical lifeforms

The problem with ufology, as I have recently discovered, is the poor signal to noise ratio because of hoaxes and disinformation

But keep looking for the UFOs - they are out there - I've seen one..

theblackhole

Post by theblackhole » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanx for the reply, and i will certainly keep searching the skies, i would go as far as to say it is inevitable that there is life elsewhere. In my initial post, refering to the amount of time i had spent observing the sky without seeing a UFO, i did not mean to infer that they did not exist, of course UFO"s exist,and almost inevitably, Alien space craft exist also. It is interesting to me,knowing that one atom can be in two different places at any one time, this alone conjures up many fascinating theories dont you agree. Theoretically speaking this means it is possible for ourselves to do just that,for we are all only made up of atoms, as yet though, i can honestly say that i dont believe i am somewhere else as well as here, but one never knows, am i talking a load of rubbish,i dont know, it is a well known fact that scientists are a little crazy,i suppose astronomers are too. It is my belief though, that if the Earth survives long enough, the theory of being shall we say "beamed" for want of a better word, to another destination, some light years away, will be acheived. There,now you all know im mad. It will happen though,only wished i could be here to witness it. Happy new year to you all. Theres no escaping me you know. theblackhole. (bad joke). regards from Steve. P.S. If life forms have the ability to reach us, they must be far more advanced, maybe they have cracked the atom theory.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Steve,

From my prospective there are probably thousands probably millions of different inhabited planets out there and I suspect that they range from live that is nothing more than a single cell creature, to aliens so advanced we cannot comprehend the technology they are using.

I have no doubt that we have been visited by the latter in the distant past and are still being visited as we talk. For me it just a matter of time before they land in Hyde park and say hello.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 am

haha now wouldn't THAT be scary?
Hawking said the discovery of other intelligent life would be the biggest scientific breakthrough in history, but then compared alien creatures visiting the earth to Europeans encountering Native Americans for the first time: "that did not turn out well for the native Americans." You can listen to the entire interview over on the BBC's website.
Stpehen Hawking is an amazing man and it is tragic that our so called modern medicine proved insufficient to put him right :oooeerr: