'Aliens may be staring us in the face'

Genuine info on aliens please!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

'Aliens may be staring us in the face'

Post by falkor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:25 am

Aliens may be “staring us in the face” in a form humans are unable to recognise, the Queen’s astronomer has said.

By Heidi Blake
Published: 7:25AM GMT 22 Feb 2010
Lord Martin Rees, president of the Royal Society and astronomer to the Queen, said the existence of extra terrestrial life may be beyond human understanding.

He made the remarks shortly after hosting the national science academy’s first conference on the possibility of alien life.
Image is he an alien himself?
“They could be staring us in the face and we just don’t recognise them. The problem is that we’re looking for something very much like us, assuming that they at least have something like the same mathematics and technology,” he said.

“I suspect there could be life and intelligence out there in forms we can’t conceive. Just as a chimpanzee can’t understand quantum theory, it could be there as aspects of reality that are beyond the capacity of our brains.”

Lord Rees used the conference in January, entitled The Detection of Extra-terrestrial Life and the Consequences for Science and Society, to ask whether the discovery of aliens would cause terror or delight on earth.

He told Prospect magazine that improved telescopes made the chance of finding extra-terrestrial life “better than ever”.

But Dr Frank Drake, the world’s leading “ET hunter”, told the conference that satellite TV and the “digital revolution” was making humanity invisible to aliens by cutting the transmission of TV and radio signals into space.

At present, the Earth is surrounded by a 50 light year-wide "shell" of radiation from analogue TV, radio and radar transmissions. But although the signals have spread far enough to reach many nearby star systems, they are rapidly vanishing in the wake of digital technology, according to Dr Drake.

The scientist, who founded the Search for Extra-terrestrial Intelligence organisation in the United States, said digital TV signals would look like noise to a race of observing aliens.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Re: 'Aliens may be staring us in the face'

Post by mj12cz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Its interesting how many people are starting to come out of the woodwork.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 am

yeah but just WHAT is this bloke actually saying?
Aliens may be “staring us in the face” in a form humans are unable to recognise
ok

...................and?

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter
Holy: Hunter

Post by Paxovasa » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 am

Yes he does look like an alien :vwide:
We come in peace - shoot to kill.

I aint no pleb

wonder universe
Researcher
Researcher

Post by wonder universe » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi all,

I think He may have a point there if he is meaning aliens walk amoung us, if Aliens had the technology to surgically change appearance or grow a human body genetically, if true harvesting of humans they sure would have the knowledge to do so, but a Chimpanzees could understand if they taught to so how does He know :lol: ? but the snag is they can not communicate with a voice, so what as brain size got to do with it, as I see it as all life has different ways of understanding so pointless to say a Chimpanzee can not understand, as they are not the destructive or careless know it all kind like Humans can be, all brain complexes have quantum mechanics so they say, just that us humans are on the tip of the iceberg on quantum theories well understanding them, back to finding life on other worlds seems these guys think humanoid life would found, not unless similar life conditions were available, also they would not find the group of Greys saying We told You so We exsist ! :lol: by the way I like guys Human mask the nose looks a bit Alien ish :lol:

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:51 pm

It would not supride me at all if they are here and to be fair I think i met one to day as he was certainly not on this planet where he tried to run me over!

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Perhaps his comment of ''staring us in the face'' is an indication that he is one ???

Or maybe hes had one too many Shandy's...
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''