What was it ????????

LOG YOUR SIGHTINGS HERE
kato
Researcher
Researcher

What was it ????????

Post by kato » Tue May 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi guys and girlies, nice to be back, anyway to this object I saw about 10pm one night about 2 months ago, I was walking to our local late night paper shop from my flat right next to Portsmouth harbour.
Up to the sky my eyes gaze, and I saw a bright white light making its way up the harbour, now normally I would have not taken much notice of it as we're on one of the main flight paths for commercial flights from Europe, but as I looked up again at this light I noticed the speed it was travelling at, and I immediately thought no commercial aircraft can fly at that speed not even at full tilt.
So I kept looking at it and I would estimate its speed to be at least mach 1 if not faster, and no noise ,which dismissed my next thought that it may be a military jet ,but usually flying at that speed they tend to be a bit noisy, and there was absolutely no sound at all.
I guess the most memorable thing about it was the speed it was travelling at, I've never seen anything ,aircraft or otherwise travel at that speed, I was to coin a phrase " gobsmacked" at its speed and had it have been an aircraft travelling at the height it was I would have heard some kind of engine noise, but nothing not even a feint noise.
Now I have seen meteor's coming down to Earth, and meteor showers which skim the earths atmosphere and it was definately nothing like that, meteor's coming down to earth usually have a vapour trail behind them , and another thing I noticed was no flashing under wing lights ,it was just a pure white almost ball shaped light , and there were no clouds either so I could see it clearly, I'm still mistified as to what it actually was but the way things add up, I'm begining to think that it certainly wasn't man made or humanly operated, it was travelling to fast.
My only guess is ,it was a ufo certainly in a hurry to get where it was going.
Thoughts please peeps, or possible explanations will be grately appreciated, I'm baffled............kato :tooT:

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Re: What was it ????????

Post by falkor » Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 am

hi Kato :)

can you clarify the angle at which it was flying? was it going horizontal?

were there any other people around? did you think of approaching another person to say..... "Look, what the heck is that?"

was this on the South Coast? how large would you say it was? double decker bus? size of a house? size of a Big Ben?

great report! any other members chime in? :b-)

kato
Researcher
Researcher

Post by kato » Wed May 05, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Falk,
Size wise I suppose it was fairly small, bout the size of a small hatchback car, mini or similar, it was travelling horizontally, and unfortunately there was no one else about, but it was clearly shifting at a rapid rate of knots, way to fast to be an aircraft, which is what drew my attention to it, it was travelling from south to north up the Portsmouth harbour, I just couldn't comprehend the speed involved, and as I said before I knew it couldn't be an aircraft because nothing I've ever seen before can travel that fast without making any noise, it was certainly a solid object and it gave a faint glow against the dark sky, I only saw it for maybe 10 to 15 seconds but in that time it travelled I'd guestimate roughly 30 miles from when I first saw it to when it dissappeared from view ,and anything travelling at that speed definately isn't human.
As I said before, it was the speed of it that left me in disbelief that anything in the sky could travel that fast, and it was travelling purposefully, as opposed to just glideing along like a meteor.
I'm still gobsmacked that I might have just seen a ufo, as all normal explanations just don't add up, and looking around on youtube and other peoples encounters there are plenty of bright white light encounters in abundance, even a couple on this site.
I do feel we are getting closer to the truth that ufo's are real and that alien lifeforms are responsible for there existance, I just wish the heads of governments would let us all in on whats going on ,and let us make up our own minds as to the way forward with alien contact, although I feel there is probably financial gain that stops them in the form of alien technology that keeps them from telling the rest of the world the truth......... one day............kato :tooT:

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter
Holy: Hunter

Post by Paxovasa » Wed May 05, 2010 9:59 am

That is a good sightening, what height would you estimate the UFO to be flying at?
We come in peace - shoot to kill.

I aint no pleb

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Wed May 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Nice sighting Kato, there seems to be a few sightings like this I wonder how they are connected.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Tue May 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Your very lucky to have seen something mate ;)
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

dave3974
Investigator
Investigator

Post by dave3974 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:51 pm

portsmouth is a busy city and with a population density higher than bejing , it is odd that noone else saw it, i live on a hill overlooking the harbour , i have yet to see anything similar