Encounter number 1 2 3 4 etc ?

LOG YOUR SIGHTINGS HERE
DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher
Holy: Hunter

Encounter number 1 2 3 4 etc ?

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Okay, I put a question mark in the title because for some strange reason I don't remember being startled by this 'first' event. This lack of surprise leads me to suspect that it may not have been the first and since I'm 'remembering' more and more things recently I'm of the opinion that I've 'forgotten' more than I remember.

I was Walking through the local allotments by way of a short-cut to the all-night petrol station. I needed some ciggies as I had got home from my evening job and had run out. It was about 2 or 3 in the AM and it was one of those crisp Winter nights where there is no cloud cover, everything is beginning to frost over and the air is so clear you can hear a mouse change his mind at forty paces.
There was no traffic and no background noise of any sort whatsoever.
The allotments had recently been overhauled and had new metal fences put in to replace the old dilapidated wooden ones that my cat could get get through very easily and so use the cabbage patches as a toilet and the runner beans as a scratching-post. It was equally easy for the local kids to traverse the old fences... although for different reasons... one hopes. The reason I mention the fences is that the old wooden ones had been torn up and were still lying in the path and it was this fact that made me have to pick my way very slowly through the allotments and spend most of the time looking at my feet because I was literally walking through a minefield of broken and jagged bits of wood and rusty nails.

I took the time to look up at one point to get a general impression of where I was going in the dark and there, next to the petrol station, hovering motionless and silent above the cricket ground was a large light that I had never seen before. No structural detail could be seen within this object except that I could make out a red light and a blue light within a larger oval white light.
I wasn't startled I was just curious because I couldn't make out what this thing was. We have a modern tradition of young people 'borrowing' cars that don't belong to them in this area for some time and so police helicopters are a feature of modern life here. I initially suspected that this was what I was looking at. Please note that my faculties were working at this point... I observed a stationary object in the sky and assumed it was something mundane.
The thing is that I couldn't discern any sound whatsoever. This 'helicopter' was no more than 50 metres away from me on a clear winter's night with no sounds of mating urban foxes to muffle the almighty roar one could reasonably expect from what is essentially a jet-engine going at full-pelt... which meant that I would have to have something wrong with me to conclude that it was a helicopter.
The reason I know it was the distance I approximated is because of a little thing called parallax. This is the relative movements of objects in a three dimensional environment which no human being needs to understand in order to make work. We all use it every day in almost everything we do - it's part of our general depth-perception and spatial awareness. We use it to avoid traffic by making decisions about distance and speed, we use it to intercept and kick a football and we use it when accosted by a hooligan fists at the ready.
We all have this amazing faculty and mankind could not have survived without it... and so when I tell you that it was a simple task of moving my head slightly and noting the object's movement in relation to the fence in front of the cricket ground and the rooftops which I knew were behind you can believe that a child of five would have known the distance to this object... but not only that, this little exercise also demonstrated to me that this object was definitely stationary. The fact is that my second 'rational' thought was that this might have been an aeroplane moving towards or away from me... but parallax put it bang in the middle of the playing fields... and the damn thing didn't budge an inch.
So there we were... me looking at it - and it...
...yep, that's where I got scared. It occurred to me that whatever this thing was, it might be aware of me and so I decided to make my way to the petrol station. I mean yes, home was nearer but sooner or later I was gonna have to venture out into the dark and get some cigarettes so pragmatism got the better of me and I decided that forward was... er, the way forward.
Now we get back to the debris lined footpath. All this time (and it was several minutes that I stood looking at this thing) I had been stood still and so as I moved off I took the time to have a quick look down so that I might avoid falling over or more importantly avoid falling ON a pile of rotting wood splinters and rusty nails.
And when I looked back an instant later the object was gone, which of course answers the question that some people ask along the lines of "maybe I had been looking at something that was ALWAYS there and I just never noticed it before) like I walk round with my bloody eyes shut - some people eh?

Anyway I scoured the entire sky immediately and there was no sign of anything which I instantly took to mean that it had indeed been watching me and knew the instant to bugger off. (Another of my sightings has this feature).

So there we are - a solid unblinking object that comprised of three lights which didn't move for several minutes and which disappeared the moment I looked away.
I have hastily drawn a really crap version of what I saw but it will give you an impression of the layout of the area, relevant sizes and my drawing ability when under pressure.
Last edited by DazSavage on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do I look like I'm making this up?
Read my experiences here on UFOforums

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Re: Encounter number 1?

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

I suppose I can put all of my encounters in one thread and that way it saves people having to search around for evidence of my odd existence.
I say this because although I believe wholeheartedly in this phenomenon (I even struggle to call it a phenomenon - it's just happening folks) I have to admit that it's damn strange - and getting stranger by the day.

Okidoki - in no particular order.

I was recounting my experiences and subsequent beliefs to my (now ex) girlfriend.
As usual she was laughing at me and poking fun at the little green men who 'follow me around - wooooooo." Hey, I'm a man... I can handle it (he says sobbing into his copy of Fortean Times).
Anyhow the green men cam to my rescue on this occasion (and one other) because as we were walking down the road (me being laughed at and she providing said laughter) I pointed out the objects in the sky that had appeared behind her.

It was early evening with the last of the rush hour traffic dying away and from where we were we could see across town quite clearly as the sun hadn't gone down and the geography of our city allows for great views almost wherever you are. (Essentially the city is bowl-shaped so as long as you are not in the city centre you can see across town for miles to the hills opposite.
Anyway what we saw was a cluster (five or six) bright objects whizzing around like buzzing flies. Doing aerobatic manoeuvres which the laws governing inertia would simply deter in anything larger than a bee. The problem with the bee theory was (as my ex volunteered at the time) bees are not made of light and at the distance these object were (here comes parallax again) which could be observed by their relation to the high-rise flats about 250 metres away, made each one of these objects at least the size of a family car.
We watched these 'things' (me silently and rather smugly and she in total and verbose astonishment) until frankly we just got bored and left them to it - I mean what can you do if they don't fly off, you're not gonna stay looking at them forever are you?

From that day on she changed her tune - yes unidentified, I make no assumption about these at all (except that they appeared again alongside 'something else' in another of my sightings) but this convinced her that there was 'something' flying around that made no sense to current scientific thinking.

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Re: Encounter number 1 2 3 4 etc

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Regarding my ex:
One day she pointed out a scar on my stomach that she swore had never been there before.
I also knew it had not been there the last time that I looked but did concede that when it came to inspecting individual parts of my body she was likely to be more the expert than me... I mean what man checks his stomach every day right?

The scar is a short, perfectly straight white line located approximately where one might expect to find an appendix scar - but before the detractors reach for their conclusions I can tell you that 1. The scar is too small (maybe 1cm) and 2. My appendix is still in situ, doing whatever it is that appendixes do with their time.

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Re: Encounter number 1 2 3 4 etc

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:04 pm

On the subject of scars and what might be underneath (or even 'behind' them):
This is an artists impression what I found under the skin of my middle finger when as a child I felt something 'uncomfortable' under the flesh near the tip of my nail.
It was quite deep and took some getting to but I was a determined kid and considered the pain less of a problem than leaving whatever it was alone to fester. I assumed it would be a metal or glass shard... the kind of infection-causing crap any boisterous child can get lodged in their skin.
Boy was I surprised to find this beauty.
2mm across and translucent (almost glowing) green.
Make of it what you will...

...me?
I bit into it to see what it was made of and then, as I remember, I swallowed it.
Hey, I was a typical boy.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Re: Encounter number 1 2 3 4 etc ?

Post by falkor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:59 pm

good posts, so encounter no 1, was that in North UK? and which year?

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 pm

falkor wrote:good posts, so encounter no 1, was that in North UK? and which year?
Somewhere around 2004/5 for that encounter.
I only know that because I happen to know what years I was living on that road. I've never been so impressed by a UFO that I ever really thought to really document it... I've never really cared if anyone believed me or not. Seeing it was enough.
I also saw a huge black panther in Otley around 1999-2000 I casually told everyone I met that evening and I didn't care a jot that they thought I was mad.
Next day the front cover of the newspapers was "Big Cat Seen All Over Yorkshire"
...but to this day I still haven't bothered to pin down the date and can only say an approximation because I know which motorbike I was on when I saw it. :eyeLa:
From now on I'll be taking notes... I'm probably just lazy.

Oh and yes... The West Yorks area.
Last edited by DazSavage on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Great thread and very interesting.

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:24 pm

mj12cz wrote:Great thread and very interesting.
Wait till you see my pics... they're on another hard drive knocking around in my spare room. when I get round to plugging it in I'll post what I captured on film.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Post them Dave, I had a similar close encounter in 1990, stationary object hovering above a field, crisp night, late night and early morning. One moment I'm curious thinking WTF is that then in holy shit in scared trying to get away.

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Post by DazSavage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:57 pm

mj12cz wrote:Post them Dave, I had a similar close encounter in 1990, stationary object hovering above a field, crisp night, late night and early morning. One moment I'm curious thinking WTF is that then in holy shit in scared trying to get away.
Yep it's strange how we react to this stuff.
To be completely serious they scare the shit out of me but I can't control them so all I have left is a stiff upper lip and a sense of humour. :sahnt: :blotto:

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:59 pm

mj12cz that sighting is detailed right here this may have been the very first sighting posted on this website :green: pretty sure it is

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Post by DazSavage » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:39 am

Well the conspiracy continues... My photo images are missing.
As an ex professional photographer this is highly unlikely and frankly I know exactly where I backed the images up to - including the RAW originals.
I uploaded them to my now defunct Facebook account and I'll try to retrieve them from there today.

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Post by DazSavage » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 am

Okay I found the images on an old facebook page.
They are small and I have no original RAW image anymore and all I can say is that this is incredibly unlikely but hey what can I say? Did the green men take them... or the MIB's? I'm sure this is a case of me forgetting to backup all my originals... even though this is a staple of my work and I ALWAYS back up EVERYTHING before I even look at it.
Seriously, I would have backed up the memory card before I even noticed the UFO, it was just another day shooting and everything goes in the archive.
Can you tell how annoyed I am - Seriously, this never happens.
Anyway here's the story:
  • I take my camera to do some Infra Read arty farty shots of a stately home near me.
  • I 'bracket' the shots to assure the best exposure for Infra Red (notorious for not being calculated correctly)
    (Bracketing is where you take three or more shots in very quick succession - each with slightly different exposure settings - in order to ensure that at least one of them works correctly)
  • I take a long-shot of the house and the camera clicks three times in a row with a 100th/sec interval between the images.
  • I now have three images that have essentially been taken pretty much on top of each other.
The following was the best exposure and so this is the one I worked on.
With IR (Infra Red) The trick is in the colour manipulation after you get home. You swap the red and green channel and end up with interesting imagery. The original image was HUGE and so small objects like planes in the distance can be airbrushed out later... I notice this 'plane' and zoom in for a closer look.
Okay so I look at the three originals and the thing is only visible in two of them and since I know what my depth of field was and when and where images fall in and out of focus relative to the camera I can tell approximately what distance this thing moved in the time between shots.
Image Image
Essentially this thing is moving at 3000m/s (or 6711 miles an hour)
I calculated this using an approximation of the distance between the two positions of the image in shots taken 100th sec apart as 30m ( I can do this because I know how far I was from the house and at what distance objects become blurred and I take into account the fact that a moving object may be blurry anyway and have retracted some distance accordingly. I also took into account the relative sizes of the object in the two images to confirm that distance had been travelled.

So now I take the original sharp image and simply tweak the colour, contrast and sharpness. You can see from a simple comparison with the original that NO editing of the actual subject took place... and here's the result:
Make of it what you will.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:51 am

They are small and I have no original RAW image anymore and all I can say is that this is incredibly unlikely
Daz are these related to your Encounter 2 at the top of this thread?

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher

Post by DazSavage » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 am

falkor wrote:
They are small and I have no original RAW image anymore and all I can say is that this is incredibly unlikely
Daz are these related to your Encounter 2 at the top of this thread?
No this was another event entirely.
Why do you ask?