CGI

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

CGI

Post by mj12cz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:02 pm

I think the problem is we are up against a lot of very good CGI, Look at this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaEYQ_c0s1M

No if you can start producing this stuff on a home computer most if not all sightings can be classed as a fake. I guess we are loosing credibility.

Deranged Granny
Investigator
Investigator
Holy: Moly
Location: Southport - the town which isn't in the South and which isn't a port

Re: CGI

Post by Deranged Granny » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:08 pm

mj12cz wrote:I think the problem is we are up against a lot of very good CGI, Look at this link.

No if you can start producing this stuff on a home computer most if not all sightings can be classed as a fake. I guess we are loosing credibility.
Yes, that's the problem. :? There are lots of computer geniuses out there who would do anything to get a million hits on youtube and their names in the paper! :? :br:

LOL :lol: I love this comment!
Fake! This is obviously a real UFO, and you are claiming it's your CGI. Really good stuff, thanks.
I come in peace!

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Deranged Granny wrote:
mj12cz wrote:I think the problem is we are up against a lot of very good CGI, Look at this link.

Yes, that's the problem. :? There are lots of computer geniuses out there who would do anything to get a million hits on youtube and their names in the paper! :? :br:

Fake! This is obviously a real UFO, and you are claiming it's your CGI. Really good stuff, thanks.
LOL good comment....

But it shows, that the CGI is getting very good.

What do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxvAjgJQUw

Deranged Granny
Investigator
Investigator

Post by Deranged Granny » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 pm

mj12cz wrote:
Deranged Granny wrote:

LOL good comment....

But it shows, that the CGI is getting very good.

What do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxvAjgJQUw
Pretty fake, aside from the fact that he doesn't talk (cameramen normally do) and the fact that it just looks a bit computer generated, have you ever seen a watermark of the time like that on any other camera? Normally it's in the bottom right, and it looks too added-on. Maybe I'm being too cynical and petty...
I come in peace!

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:41 pm

could be true

who's to say? :shock:

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:40 pm

I thought experts in this stuff can easily expose CGI, isn't that the first thing they look at ?
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:02 pm

DarkKnight wrote:I thought experts in this stuff can easily expose CGI, isn't that the first thing they look at ?

Yep, but its so easy to say Its a fake! I think there are some really good vids out there but its hard to say which is real and which is not becaise CGI is so sodding good!

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

this is precisely the reason why I want our top area on the site STRICTLY RESERVED for FIRST PERSON SIGHTINGS ONLY

Image << LOOK "LOG YOUR SIGHTINGS"

so far we have TWO first person sightings 1. mj12cz and 2 Paxovasa

:P now don't misunderstand me

I don't care how many threads get started in that area

honestly - who cares? as long as you don't get annoyed with me MOVING THEM out of there when I find that they are not "first person witness cases" :ugeek:

the only way we know if they are "first person witness cases," is when the first person witness IS the person who starts the thread

in any other circumstances WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW

AGREED? :wide:

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter
Holy: Hunter

Post by Paxovasa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Agreed, as like Chinese whispers the truth will get distorted!
We come in peace - shoot to kill.

I aint no pleb

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:50 pm

well it's more to do with mj12cz's correct assertion
mj12cz wrote:
DarkKnight wrote:I thought experts in this stuff can easily expose CGI, isn't that the first thing they look at ?

Yep, but its so easy to say Its a fake! I think there are some really good vids out there but its hard to say which is real and which is not becaise CGI is so sodding good!
its so easy to say Its a fake!! EXCEPT where we have the actual witness AS A MEMBER right here on site

I don't care whether a video gets slated as fake but we have 2 threads now - describing eye witness testimony - THESE AT LEAST ** ARE NOT FAKE ** ;)

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Sorry falk, this was me posting in the wrong section! Opps :oops:

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:52 pm

ah it doesn't matter Pat 8-)

as long as people don't get annoyed with topics being MOVED from there, then all is fine :blotto:

Deranged Granny
Investigator
Investigator

Post by Deranged Granny » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:06 pm

falkor wrote:well it's more to do with mj12cz's correct assertion
mj12cz wrote:

its so easy to say Its a fake!! EXCEPT where we have the actual witness AS A MEMBER right here on site

I don't care whether a video gets slated as fake but we have 2 threads now - describing eye witness testimony - THESE AT LEAST ** ARE NOT FAKE ** ;)
Assuming John and Pat aren't liers, of course :wink: :lol:
I come in peace!

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 pm

I think that we should agree among ourselves here and now .....

that any threads started in the UFO SIGHTINGS forum by our own members asserting a UFO sighting .....

NOT BE QUERIED IN ANY MANNER

I think UFO SIGHTINGS are the root blood of this site, and those by our own members MUST be taken particularly seriously

I feel that if a member must voice concern over any thread (in the UFO SIGHTINGS forum) it should be done in the "Laboratory" forum area or to an administrator by PM

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 pm

I agree, the whole point of this site is for people to come here and say what they have seen or think they have seen.

This is to be done with out ridicule from anyone.

As malc said any sightings are the life blood of the site and the reason we set it up in the first place.